Block N' Load - A new FPS from Jagex (AKA AoS v3)

If it ain't Spades...
140 posts Page 2 of 10 First unread post
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
I'll be looking at google trends to check.
(you can too!)
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q= ... nd%20shoot
I'm suprised that Brazil is only at third place on the list of Regional Interest.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

This looks like exactly what they wanted to do with 1.0, only farther gone. Players look more like TF2 rip offs. Game play feels more like TF2 rip off. It's supposed to be goofy, silly, light hearted...like TF2...wait a second. The only thing that saves this from being a complete TF2 remake is the blocky style terrain. Originally when Jagex opted for the higher quality player models in 1.0, it still looked fitting. Now with player models ignoring blocks completely this game feels like it has no consistency. Players and gameplay are TF2 imitations. Terrain is blocky because Minecraft is popular. That's why I believe they bought AoS in the first place. They saw it's potential to be the perfect matchup between TF2 and Minecraft. I'm just shocked they'd make a SECOND game so clearly drawn from the same idea when they still have AoS going. AoS already has a little bit of a following, a completed game. All they have to do to make AoS successful is to; update and optimize it, and listen to the community! But instead they'll make TF2-2 Minecraft Edition. Will they really make an entirely different game before listening to the community?
LeCom

Evergreen wrote:
This looks like exactly what they wanted to do with 1.0, only farther gone. Players look more like TF2 rip offs. Game play feels more like TF2 rip off. It's supposed to be goofy, silly, light hearted...like TF2...wait a second. The only thing that saves this from being a complete TF2 remake is the blocky style terrain. Originally when Jagex opted for the higher quality player models in 1.0, it still looked fitting. Now with player models ignoring blocks completely this game feels like it has no consistency. Players and gameplay are TF2 imitations. Terrain is blocky because Minecraft is popular. That's why I believe they bought AoS in the first place. They saw it's potential to be the perfect matchup between TF2 and Minecraft. I'm just shocked they'd make a SECOND game so clearly drawn from the same idea when they still have AoS going. AoS already has a little bit of a following, a completed game. All they have to do to make AoS successful is to; update and optimize it, and listen to the community! But instead they'll make TF2-2 Minecraft Edition. Will they really make an entirely different game before listening to the community?
Well, the hype around AoS 1.0 is over. Now they have to come up with something new to make the same players buy kind of the same game for the full price to milk the cow. It's simple marketing and done by many companies.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
Well, the hype around AoS 1.0 is over. Now they have to come up with something new to make the same players buy kind of the same game for the full price to milk the cow. It's simple marketing and done by many companies.
Yea but most other companies are smart enough to change the font on the game logo.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

It will fail. And I will be laughing on its fall.
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Even the same font AoS 1.0 got
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Vezok wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Yea but most other companies are smart enough to change the font on the game logo.
This^ And it might even be passable as a new game if they just marketed it differently. But, sadly, no. Just another example of Jagex trying too hard and at the same time not hard enough
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
but now people will only look for build and shoot,
they won't though
that's why it's bad.
Evergreen wrote:
the thing is, had they just waited a little bit longer, they could have gotten their hands on open spades, what they had been looking for in the first place. or they could have just tried coding a game for themselves for once. maybe they have no coders with opengl xp?
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Evergreen wrote:
1. It's supposed to be goofy, silly, light hearted...like TF2...wait a second.
2. They saw it's potential to be the perfect matchup between TF2 and Minecraft.
3.I'm just shocked they'd make a SECOND game so clearly drawn from the same idea when they still have AoS going. AoS already has a little bit of a following, a completed game. Will they really make an entirely different game before listening to the community?
1. I didn't know TF2 was the only game allowed to be goofy
2. AoS even in beta advertised itself as TF2 + Minecraft
3. Every dev does this, there's a new CoD each year by 3 different devs, a new battlefield every year etc. All those are complete games too. It's how the game industry works, you make a game and move on.
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
EldredChandler wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
they won't though
that's why it's bad.
people wont start looking for buildandshoot just because jagex is making another game, I dont even know why you think they will
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
3.I'm just shocked they'd make a SECOND game so clearly drawn from the same idea when they still have AoS going. AoS already has a little bit of a following, a completed game. Will they really make an entirely different game before listening to the community?
3. Every dev does this, there's a new CoD each year by 3 different devs, a new battlefield every year etc. All those are complete games too. It's how the game industry works, you make a game and move on.
1. nope. just the most well known
2. yes, but this makes it much more like a tf2 ripoff.
3. yes, but this is such a drastic turn. it's like moving from modern warfare to octodad. the gameplay is different, the scope in general is different, ect. it's kind of like if CoD were to suddenly turn from wwii to halo. the jump is too big to truly adapt to.
plus, it's not even an official sequel! (EG, CoD 1 to CoD 2.)
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
EldredChandler wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
they won't though
that's why it's bad.
people wont start looking for buildandshoot just because jagex is making another game, I dont even know why you think they will
what I was trying to say is that is exactly our problem. we no longer have any words in the media that openly advertise our name. there are no news stories about BnS, no ads for BnS (jagex doesn't either though), no general statement stating that we are here.
that's the problem.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
It's not that it simply was comical and I flagged it as a TF2 rip-off, and there's really no problem with drawing ideas from successful games. As long as it's just that; an idea. Now, for them to draw so heavily and so blatantly from games for the sake of success with absolutely nothing original about the game, that's where I have a problem. If voxels worked in Minecraft and are easy to use, make an FPS with voxels. There's nothing wrong with that. That's taking two good ideas and merging them to create something new, something interesting, something original. There's nothing new about Block and Load. There's nothing interesting, and certainly nothing original about it. And, again, it's not a sequel, it's not an update, it's not a new version. It's claiming to be a new game while so obviously being taken from the same idea while missing the point so far. I would have rather seen Jagex update and improve the existing AoS to the point where we could support it, not make an even less focused, poorer attempt at the same idea.
EldredChandler

Evergreen wrote:
I would have rather seen Jagex update and improve the existing AoS to the point where we could support it
Jagex doesn't want, or need, 'we.'
Evergreen
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
I would have rather seen Jagex update and improve the existing AoS to the point where we could support it
Jagex doesn't want, or need, 'we.'
People are talking about a Jagex bankruptcy, yes, they need us, they need any community to get behind any game they make, but they continue to refuse to listen to their players.
EldredChandler

can you link me some stats showing jagex is horribly failing into bankruptcy?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
can you link me some stats showing jagex is horribly failing into bankruptcy?
That's a 'rumor' that's been floating around not only this forum, but other Jagex forums such as AoS 1.0 and Runescape. The only official statement I kind find from Jagex are potentially outdated, though seemed highly positive for productivity at the time. Without any relevant reports or statements from the company itself it remains purely speculation at this point.
140 posts Page 2 of 10 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”