Block N' Load - A new FPS from Jagex (AKA AoS v3)

If it ain't Spades...
140 posts Page 3 of 10 First unread post
LeCom

I don't think so. Jagex gets money by using market tricks, not by trying to do good games. Such companies are going to exist for a long time.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
I don't think so. Jagex gets money by using market tricks, not by trying to do good games. Such companies are going to exist for a long time.
Sort of, but you see, if their profits are declining these "market tricks" (investing corporations) will pull out of the company. This will especially be the case if they continue to make failed games without any sort of foresight.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Exactly, they're all rumors.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Evergreen wrote:
EldredChandler wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
1. It's supposed to be goofy, silly, light hearted...like TF2...wait a second.
2. They saw it's potential to be the perfect matchup between TF2 and Minecraft.
3.I'm just shocked they'd make a SECOND game so clearly drawn from the same idea when they still have AoS going. AoS already has a little bit of a following, a completed game. Will they really make an entirely different game before listening to the community?
1. I didn't know TF2 was the only game allowed to be goofy
2. AoS even in beta advertised itself as TF2 + Minecraft
3. Every dev does this, there's a new CoD each year by 3 different devs, a new battlefield every year etc. All those are complete games too. It's how the game industry works, you make a game and move on.
It's not that it simply was comical and I flagged it as a TF2 rip-off, and there's really no problem with drawing ideas from successful games. As long as it's just that; an idea. Now, for them to draw so heavily and so blatantly from games for the sake of success with absolutely nothing original about the game, that's where I have a problem. If voxels worked in Minecraft and are easy to use, make an FPS with voxels. There's nothing wrong with that. That's taking two good ideas and merging them to create something new, something interesting, something original. There's nothing new about Block and Load. There's nothing interesting, and certainly nothing original about it. And, again, it's not a sequel, it's not an update, it's not a new version. It's claiming to be a new game while so obviously being taken from the same idea while missing the point so far. I would have rather seen Jagex update and improve the existing AoS to the point where we could support it, not make an even less focused, poorer attempt at the same idea.
this is what I've been trying to say the whole time!
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
"market tricks" are business speak for "a way to people to buy your product and never return". when a business does that, it means they are so much in the hole that they no longer care about long term investments, and simply care about trying to get themself out of the hole quickly. these practices are really bad in the long run, but companys in debt usually do not look at long term side affects, and tend to get fucked longer down the road.
EldredChandler wrote:
no stock options (you can't buy Jagex stock) is an even bigger sign, as it tends to mean that
a: the stock is worthless
b: the data is so bad it would show that a company is in the hole
c: they never had one in the first place.
I can't find any stock data at all, so it's probably c. however, jagex has not released anything on their total net gains and such, which they have been great with right up until they bought AoS.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
LeCom wrote:
"market tricks" are business speak for "a way to people to buy your product and never return". when a business does that, it means they are so much in the hole that they no longer care about long term investments, and simply care about trying to get themself out of the hole quickly. these practices are really bad in the long run, but companys in debt usually do not look at long term side affects, and tend to get fucked longer down the road.
EldredChandler wrote:
no stock options (you can't buy Jagex stock) is an even bigger sign, as it tends to mean that
a: the stock is worthless
b: the data is so bad it would show that a company is in the hole
c: they never had one in the first place.
I can't find any stock data at all, so it's probably c. however, jagex has not released anything on their total net gains and such, which they have been great with right up until they bought AoS.
And if AoS was successful at all why wouldn't they continue the to proclaim their success? Unless, perhaps, there was no success to brag over. Even further indication is them ditching it for a new game. Furthermore, rather than take the time to come up with an original project or idea, they just took an idea already in the works and attempted to hook more customers with this new game and 'market tricks'. This seems like a act of desperation.
LeCom

Nono, what I mean is that it's the normal case for them. They mainly consist of people who are into all this stuff, and they try to get as much money as possible from players without really doing something (except all these market tricks)
ImaReallyEver
Deuced Up

looks like crap. dont like voice in trailer. nothing related to 1.0 aos. characters and (almost) everything is not even blocky. so fuck you jagex Blue_Pistol *jagex* Green_Pistol2
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

ImaReallyEver wrote:
looks like crap. dont like voice in trailer. nothing related to 1.0 aos. characters and (almost) everything is not even blocky. so fuck you jagex Blue_Pistol *jagex* Green_Pistol2
even the non-voxelized characters are not original. ever heard of fortresscraft? this is really the worst combo of spoofs/ripoffs I have ever seen.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
ImaReallyEver wrote:
even the non-voxelized characters are not original. ever heard of fortresscraft? this is really the worst combo of spoofs/ripoffs I have ever seen.
Don't expect much from a cash grab. Really, the inconsistent art style really put me off.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Words cannot describe my disappointment when I stumbled upon this in my spam folder. I thought they learned the first time...

Block N' Load
Foxxy.
Deuce

What if Jagex didn't bought Ace of Spades?
LeCom

Foxxy. wrote:
That's why jagex probably didn't only do bad things.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Foxxy. wrote:
he has a good point, they may only have the rights to battle builder...
lemme check...
holy shit! they actually have no visible copyright in the us for AoS!
guys, we need to pull our moneys together to buy the rights...
Evergreen
Deuced Up

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Foxxy. wrote:
he has a good point, they may only have the rights to battle builder...
lemme check...
holy shit! they actually have no visible copyright in the us for AoS!
guys, we need to pull our moneys together to buy the rights...
It's all right here. It wasn't filed under Ace of Spades, but if you search for Jagex as the claimant you can find it.
140 posts Page 3 of 10 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”