topo and willy are doing a thing

If it ain't Spades...
260 posts Page 17 of 18 First unread post
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Articsledder wrote:
How about a grid based inventory system?
This was proposed a long time ago on one of the old forums, but I feel like it would be a nice way to allow for a huge variety of different playing styles based on how you chose your equipment. It would obviously take some balancing to keep people from taking 8 rifles or something, but you could get very specific with it, maybe even allow people to chose how much ammo they bring with them.
That's not an issue. First off, you can add a "weight" variable, so that different objects weight different. Out of those, the pistol and grenades would be lightest, so you can have it so that the more weight you have the slower you can go and move. (Including leaning and transitions from crouch to prone to standing, etc. Also, you would want magazines or clips (depending on the gun) to take up inventory space as well, so that way if you bring 8 rifles and 1 magazine it doesn't really help you. Since you still only have "e.g. 10 bullets".

To Topo and Willy, if you do want to implement the above idea ^ I highly recommend playing or watching someone play the game 3089. It's a very very good game and has minimalistic graphics. What makes it so fun is how customizable it is and has the included inventory system along with stats.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Yeah, I believe I suggested a weight system in one of the old forums, but I can't remember the details.
Would be more interesting than a plain grid system, IMO.
The issue of people taking multiple rifles/shotguns/etc could be fixed by having a limit of one primary, or making it take up most of the weight.
gen
Banned

dont make limit at all and let people take 8 handguns or shit
why do you care about having multiple weapons if you can take multiple ammo clips/cartriges/disks/idk
also its not unrealistic to fill your backpack with guns anyway
coolfgx
Deuced Up

gen wrote:
dont make limit at all and let people take 8 handguns or shit
why do you care about having multiple weapons if you can take multiple ammo clips/cartriges/disks/idk
also its not unrealistic to fill your backpack with guns anyway
We can take multiple ammo clips/cartridges/disks/etc because they are small and light enough to be fitted into a backpack or storage space. Furthermore since this game that they are making is WWII based, the gameplay should follow WWII. Agility and Speed is key for survival out in the battlefield. If you carry 8 Machine Guns with you, you'll be a tortoise in a rabbit race. Why would you carry 8 Handguns when one is sufficient? The handguns use the same type of ammunition e.g "9mm" so, using one handgun would deplete the rest of their ammunition supply. Same goes with the others. Yes, it's not unrealistic to fill your backpack with guns, unless you have enough space to actually put enough ammunition to use those guns. It's not like you can fill your backpack with 4 RPGS and bring sufficient ammo for all of them. So, having limited ammunition would make it challenging and harder as players must manage their weapons and ammunition while trying to look out for hostiles and survive; just like they did in World War 2 where ammunition was not ready in huge numbers.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

@willy: Hey willy, what is the progress so far? I know it isn't very much, but hey, to me, I love to know about this stuff! :D
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

bloodfox wrote:
@willy: Hey willy, what is the progress so far? I know it isn't very much, but hey, to me, I love to know about this stuff! :D
+1
LeCom

I talked to topo on IRC. He said he's playing Reflex 24/7 and Willy is busy with stuff.
Hedgedog
League Participant
League Participant

LeCom wrote:
I talked to topo on IRC. He said he's playing Reflex 24/7 and Willy is busy with stuff.
topo will be back in a few years

rip
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
I think we can just call it quits now lol.
MushieWarden
Artist
Artist

gen
Banned

To the project (and fleischy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

hi
bloodfox