topo and willy are doing a thing

If it ain't Spades...
274 posts Page 16 of 19
kmaj
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I don't know how hard will that be to code, but I would really love it if you had to manually cock bolt actions instead of just playing a sound and possibly an animation.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

coolfgx wrote:
My ideas from Counter strike, there's nothing wrong with it. Counter Strike's weapons are actual Real Life weapons, so basically getting the same guns from Counter Strike is basically the same from getting guns from Real Life. The only ideas that are not recommended are like the "Portal Gun" idea as it is only meant for the Portal Franchise but Counter Strike gets it guns from real life weapons so using them is no harm.
so because the weapon actually exists in real life, it can be used in every single game because it exists in real life
then tell me why most games don't have the weapons but slightly altered versions of them but still recognizable and with a different name? (or just a different name)
same goes with cars (go to any installment of the GTA series)
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Zekamalikyd wrote:
coolfgx wrote:
My ideas from Counter strike, there's nothing wrong with it. Counter Strike's weapons are actual Real Life weapons, so basically getting the same guns from Counter Strike is basically the same from getting guns from Real Life. The only ideas that are not recommended are like the "Portal Gun" idea as it is only meant for the Portal Franchise but Counter Strike gets it guns from real life weapons so using them is no harm.
so because the weapon actually exists in real life, it can be used in every single game because it exists in real life
then tell me why most games don't have the weapons but slightly altered versions of them but still recognizable and with a different name? (or just a different name)
same goes with cars (go to any installment of the GTA series)
Because having something that is known by everyone is boring. Basically if you put something known by everyone into a game it's nearly the same as doing 'Gangnam Style' two years after it's release. So Game developers alter those weapons by reskining them or adding various new parts to them but don't alter them so much that they create a brand new weapon but an altered version. So, most games adapt real life versions of weapons and tweak them. On the 'name' part, it's simple. Most games takes place in fictional universes. Those universes are different from real life and hence, have their own names for products and objects. Take GTA: Vice City, for example. It takes place in a fictional place. There is no city called "Vice City" on earth. Even the city itself is adapted. It's based of Miami. The Conclusion: Most Games alter or change the names of the locations/weapons/vehicles in it because it takes place in a fictional universe where it does not follow real life. Or it alter's the items because it wants the player to have more fun in the game instead of using the occasional 'M4A1' or 'AK47' and make various versions of the said items.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

yes and people yelling for more realism makes developers think "let's modify things that exist in real life because it's not realistic unless we change them"

no, it's because there are trademarks and they either pay to use them or get sued

and if it's fun to have fake things, why only change a couple of things? why not change everything?
and since those guns that are pretty much known by everyone, because of their good rep, everyone wants their m4 or ak in the game
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Zekamalikyd wrote:
yes and people yelling for more realism makes developers think "let's modify things that exist in real life because it's not realistic unless we change them"

no, it's because there are trademarks and they either pay to use them or get sued

and if it's fun to have fake things, why only change a couple of things? why not change everything?
and since those guns that are pretty much known by everyone, because of their good rep, everyone wants their m4 or ak in the game
Yes. But having a death ray in a WW2 themed game isn't good. I was just about to suggest having some sort of instant bunker/building builder-thingy where when you place in on the ground it builds a structure of your choice. It's a one time only use.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

unless that "death ray" plays a part in the game's lore
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Zekamalikyd wrote:
unless that "death ray" plays a part in the game's lore
Death rays are a good idea.
In fact, I'd like to suggest a montage parody game/mode with that weapon and "realistic" weapons.
NinjaMafia3
Deuced Up

I was reading some of the earlier posts about how the smg ruined the game and I was wondering if anyone could just make a rifle only script .-.
coolfgx
Deuced Up

NinjaMafia3 wrote:
I was reading some of the earlier posts about how the smg ruined the game and I was wondering if anyone could just make a rifle only script .-.
Smgs don't actually ruin the game. It's just that the players dislike it because it's too Over Powered and the fire rate and accuracy is a little over the top.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

well, cs fanboy.
The SMG is basically like most of the assault rifles and SMGs from CS, there are only 5 out of 19 that can 1tap if you aim at the head while wearing a helmet, so the rifles/smgs from CS are very similar to the SMG in AoS.
The 5 weapons are, the AK,AWP,SSG08(known as scout), and the Scar-20/G3SG1
And please no blocky CS, go play CS for yourself then like I do.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

For the sake of WW2, keeping the SMG isn't bad. But right now it's more like a PDW. Just lower its effective range and apply all the fixes the community had made.
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I would appreciate it if people would keep their disparaging comments and outward negativity towards others and their ideas to themselves if they can't express it in a respectful manner -- At this point, while we do have a reasonably clear direction, nothing is set in stone and all ideas are fair game.
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Kiwi wrote:
well, cs fanboy.
The SMG is basically like most of the assault rifles and SMGs from CS, there are only 5 out of 19 that can 1tap if you aim at the head while wearing a helmet, so the rifles/smgs from CS are very similar to the SMG in AoS.
The 5 weapons are, the AK,AWP,SSG08(known as scout), and the Scar-20/G3SG1
And please no blocky CS, go play CS for yourself then like I do.
I was referring to this game, AOS 0.75, not CS. :/
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

well, whatever.
One thing I'd like to see happening in this game, to see the weapons doing less damage on high range.In 0.75 and 0.76 you get like a 75hp damage shot if it hits your head, like doing 40hp otherwise.
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Kiwi wrote:
well, whatever.
One thing I'd like to see happening in this game, to see the weapons doing less damage on high range.In 0.75 and 0.76 you get like a 75hp damage shot if it hits your head, like doing 40hp otherwise.
yeah, I think damage drop-off is a great idea. I think 0.76 has it, but I am not sure
274 posts Page 16 of 19
Return to “Other Games”