topo and willy are doing a thing

If it ain't Spades...
260 posts Page 13 of 18 First unread post
Dominis
League Participant
League Participant

Willy wrote:
I would like to stress that it is unlikely that a playable version of our game will be available before the end of 2014.
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Awesome thing you're doing here! Even though it's a little late and a people have already suggested ideas, i'm still going to suggest ideas. Well, here they are:

I suggest adding like different weapons for each team. Kind of like Counter Strike; where the Terrorists have an AK-47 and the Counter-Terrorists have a M4A1 and so on. I would also like to suggest different stats for the weapons for each team; The first team's weapons do more damage but have high recoil but are less expensive. The second team's weapons have lower damage but lower recoil but are more expensive. Again, like Counter Strike. I also agree with those who suggested side arm weaponry. If you do plan in adding sidearms. You should also add some sort of speed reduction system and stamina. E.g: Having your primary weapon in hand slows down your speed but having a secondary weapon such as a sidearm makes you move and sprint faster. The same principle applies when you have your melee weapon/spade in hand. On the stamina part: This makes the player have a limited time to sprint making gameplay more hard and challenging. The next suggestion is adding animations on reloading and such. E.g: Using a medkit initiates some sort of bandaging animation. Air-strikes have jets/bombers in the sky releasing grenades/ missiles. However, that would probably lag the game and such. I like the fact that you are considering on adding simple vehicles. I suggest a Jeep that can carry four players; one driver, one player operating a Machine Gun that is mounted on the Jeep and two players sitting down using their weapons. Vehicles are able to go up one block spaces (Obviously) Vehicles that go inside the team's tent are automatically fully repaired. Maybe adding some sort of wrench item that is the same as the medkit but instead fixes the preferred Vehicle. The wrench item has limited uses as stated by the owner of the server. The wrench also fixes the vehicle in a limited number of points, again as stated by the owner of the server. You should also add some sort of motorcycle vehicle that can carry two players. It is the same as the Jeep but has no Machine Gun and is able to fit in one block wide spaces. Maybe adding some sort of parachute item that is reusable? It can be used in gamemodes such as "Para-Trooper" Where instead of spawning on the ground they spawn on some sort of mid air structure or plane and have to parachute down on to the battlefield. It may seem a little unbalance but parachuting leaves the player completely vulnerable to enemy fire thus, the player have to maneuver his/her way down to a safe landing point while avoiding enemy fire. That's all i can think off currently. I'll add more ideas i come up with!
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

That sure is a lot of ideas! I'm a bit busy at the moment so I only skim-read, but I definitely agree on the Jeep -- that's something we've already discussed and your idea is pretty much bang-on with ours.
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Willy wrote:
That sure is a lot of ideas! I'm a bit busy at the moment so I only skim-read, but I definitely agree on the Jeep -- that's something we've already discussed and your idea is pretty much bang-on with ours.
I'm glad that we had pretty much the same ideas! I hope that you would consider them! Blue_Happy1
coolfgx
Deuced Up

I have a question: Will the end product be made in OpenGL or Voxel based graphics? I would love if you keep the Voxel style! Blue_Wink1
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

coolfgx wrote:
I have a question: Will the end product be made in OpenGL or Voxel based graphics? I would love if you keep the Voxel style! Blue_Wink1
Agreed.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Mr.Torch wrote:
coolfgx wrote:
Agreed.
That would be better in my Idea, because we would want to make sure that it can run on your grandmother's rig.
shaz

They're making it in OpenGL but topo has plans for optimisation. Which should somewhat help.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Shaz wrote:
They're making it in OpenGL but topo has plans for optimisation. Which should somewhat help.
Then they would at least have to add resolution changes down to 640x480.

That's the only way I can run Open Spades on some computers lol.
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The answer to running this on your 'grandma's rig' is "we'll try". Graphically we'll probably have some options to scale up or down depending on what your computer can handle, but it has to be said that graphics are not our main focus in any way, be it high-end or tetris-tier. I know it's often not so simple as 'buy a new computer' but if you're still running a Pentium III and no dedicated graphics card it might be worth seriously investing in an upgrade - not for us or for this project, but to help you run many modern games and applications without issue.
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Good to hear that you are trying to make it possible for low end PCs to play. I've been thinking about more ideas:

What about adding a first person view mode to the spectators? I know that you can download a program to allow that in this current version but some people may find it inconvenient, so you should add it in-game to make it easier to spot hackers and such! What about adding C4? If you do not know what C4 is, it is a plastic explosive that can only detonate when a electrical current is applied. Adding this allows more versatility and more game-modes possible like "Defuse The Bomb" where one team has the C4 and the other has to prevent them from detonating it in certain areas. The C4 can also be used in place of the grenade. Another idea is for a new weapon selection menu. If you are planning on adding more weapons, i suggest you split the menu into four categories: Main Weapons, Side-arms, Explosives and Melee. More categories may be added if more weaponry is added. I also suggest scope zooming for sniper rifles and similar weapons. This allows players to hit a target with more precision. I would also like to suggest changing some stats of weapons. Machine Guns should have less player and block damage, higher recoil and lesser accuracy. Clip size could also vary depending on the weapon. Rifles/Sniper Rifles should have a slight increase in damage and lower fire rate. I suggested this weapon changes as you may know, these two weapons, especially the Sub Machine Gun are really disliked by some of the Buildandshoot community calling those who use it "Noobs" or "Smgays" which is really rude and disrespectful! I hope such words will not be used when this "New Gen AoS" as i call it, is released!

Feel free to place feedback and add to my suggestions! Anyways, Good luck Topo and Willy! I'm hoping there would be more news coming our way! Blue_BigSmile
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thanks for the great replies coolfgx! I can't speak for topo but I'm sure it makes him just as excited as it makes me to see people as enthusiastic about this as we are. Unfortunately at this early stage it's difficult to take such ideas into account when while a base to work off of is still being prepared, but rest assured your ideas have been archived and will be looked over when the time comes!
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Willy wrote:
Thanks for the great replies coolfgx! I can't speak for topo but I'm sure it makes him just as excited as it makes me to see people as enthusiastic about this as we are. Unfortunately at this early stage it's difficult to take such ideas into account when while a base to work off of is still being prepared, but rest assured your ideas have been archived and will be looked over when the time comes!
I understand, those ideas can be considered when the game enters a state where development of these ideas can begin. Now it's in early development! You should start with the basics like guns, blocks first and add the extras next! I hope i can test the early alpha versions when the time comes!
coolfgx
Deuced Up

Hey I'm back for new ideas! Here they are:
Spoiler:
You should implement some sort of Offline tutorial for the new players. I recommend it being downloadable instead of directly implementing it into the game to make it easier! The tutorial uses the same engine and everything but instead is available for offline play and has bots for target practicing and such. Speaking of bots, why don't you implement them in the game!? Most of my ideas come from Counter Strike! The bots can be simple to complex. From standing still; Good for Targeting Practicing, to sentient beings able to do complex tasks; Good for players who want to rake up their skills easily! These can be used in offline play and such. But i worry that it may be hard for you to do, BUT there are tons of fellow BuildAndShoot Members who are willing to help!
One question: What are your plans for future development after this current development stage and what are you going to name this project? I prefer to call it "NGAOS" Or "Next-Gen Ace Of Spades" What about you?
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

coolfgx wrote:
I prefer to call it "NGAOS" Or "Next-Gen Ace Of Spades"
Prepare to get sued by Jagex.
260 posts Page 13 of 18 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”