Bored and Strapped Please Help!

If it ain't Spades...
20 posts Page 1 of 2
FlashMaster
Deuced Up

Hey guys.. I have no idea what to play, well I will be getting a new computer in a few months and I had this one for 9 years.
I only have 504 ram and my graphics card is not even on a common list plus its shit.
well I can run ace of spades, terraria (lowest graphics and a small world), other than that I can't or don't know what to play.

If you have suggestions please help,
Thanks in advance.
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

UT1999, Quake 1-2, Empire Earth, Half-Life <--old crappy rig
Skyrim, DayZ, Unturned, TF2, Gmod, Red Orchestra 2 (it was free on steam), SAMP/MTA:SA (different servers, but I use SAMP), Just Cause 2, UT2k4 (don't bother with 3), Minecraft, StarCraft 1/2, Total War Rome 2 (may be very resource intensive), Fallout 3/New Vegas, BF3/4, Dark Souls/2 (if you have a controller), Fistful of Frags, Synergy, Neotokyo, No More Room in Hell

to be added as I find kewl gems
xCross
Post Demon
Post Demon

Your computer is exactly like mine, half of those which Xpert658 said will have extremely bad fps for you, but some, if put onto the lowest graphics possible, you may reach 40-60 fps.
Dutch
Deuce

Gmod. A potato can run that game, and its fun as hell. Only 7.99 on Steam I think
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

Dutch wrote:
Gmod. A potato can run that game, and its fun as hell. Only 7.99 on Steam I think
It's actually $9.99. But I agree with you, Gmod is a really fun game, definitely get it if you can.
awesomeness2000

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Counter-strike & Counter-Strike:Source can totally run on bad PCs, can they?
xCross
Post Demon
Post Demon

Pfffffffffffft. OoOOf coOurse
Xpert658

FlashMaster wrote:
new computer
Okay, so you're asking suggestions on kewl-ass PCs of today, or crappy PCs of a million years ago? (metaphorically)
scrawl wrote:
Dutch wrote:
It's actually $9.99. But I agree with you, Gmod is a really fun game, definitely get it if you can.
Gmod doesn't run on shitty PCs AFAIK.
I've tried 12 on an old rig. 16 FPS unplayable. Went and got a nuke mod. Yeah...
If you wanna play Gmod with Michael Bay-level fights and effects and whatnot, you better get a new PC.
But yes, it's cheap. You also need CSS for more content.
awesomeness2000 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Counter-strike & Counter-Strike:Source can totally run on bad PCs, can they?
CS:Hell ya
CSS: Nope
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

Xpert658 wrote:
But yes, it's cheap. You also need CSS for more content.
no you don't.
Freedom
League Participant
League Participant

Soldat, a mobile phone could probably run it.
Frosty
Deuced Up

Dutch wrote:
You've got to run it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal low on everything if you want it to be playable though.

Soldat, Freelancer, Deus Ex, GTA San Andreas, Pokemon Showdown, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Morrowind are other suggestions. The latter two can be a bit iffy when it comes to your GPU depending what mods/updates you put on them (I had many BSODs as a result).

If you've got a widescreen monitor, you might as well try Faster Than Light. Not exactly my kind of game but it works on a lot of PCs.
kmaj
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Doom can run on pretty much everything. Dwarf Fortress too, but it can get CPU intensive.
Xpert658

kmaj wrote:
Doom can run on pretty much everything.
I recommend Zandronum for the multiplayer, and Doomsday or Risen3D for the eye candy.
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

Dutch wrote:
bullshit, lags like a motherfucker on a modern oc for me
kmaj
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Xpert658 wrote:
kmaj wrote:
Doom can run on pretty much everything.
I recommend Zandronum for the multiplayer, and Doomsday or Risen3D for the eye candy.
I just use Zandronum for everything. Works for most.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Other Games”