Idea for a game - Block Shooter

If it ain't Spades...
70 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

DeltaOp1 wrote:
Okay. Now all I have to do is to study into the engine before I can make the game. This might take a while if I'm all alone. I hope I'll be able to make it though, I've always wanted to be a game dev. Anyways, thanks for the help!
If you really want to go through with this, I could provide some assistance with models, granted they're .kv6's. I like to consider myself a skilled modder :p
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

DeltaOp1 wrote:
Okay. Now all I have to do is to study into the engine before I can make the game. This might take a while if I'm all alone. I hope I'll be able to make it though, I've always wanted to be a game dev. Anyways, thanks for the help!
I will be looking forward to this. I really hope you don't give up, go trough with this and build a great game.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I decided to tell you what to do or at least a way for you to do it. This is for the unity engine. Get qubicle, it is some software that will allow you to convert .kv6 into .obj which unity can import. Next use Cubiquity for unity3D to import .vxl maps into unity. So far you know you can import the .kv6 models into unity as well as the .vxl maps. Now just learn one of the scripting languages for unity or look up some tutorials to make different gamemodes and features for your game.

You can export .vxl as a .obj with qubicle but if you want to make an AoS like game then Cubiquity is the better option
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Good idea, bloodfox.
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Thanks Jdrew! I'll have to dig up more time to try that.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

DeltaOp1 wrote:
You could take this as an example.

And I have a question, which engine would you to decide to?(Unity or voxlap)
Last edited by _Frocs_ on Sat May 10, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Feel free to ask me to make any .kv6 models you want, and any artwork as well.
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Nikhao wrote:
DeltaOp1 wrote:
If you really want to go through with this, I could provide some assistance with models, granted they're .kv6's. I like to consider myself a skilled modder :p
Hey man, I'm still just 60% sure that I'll be able to make this game. Although, I am positive that this game will be under development at some part of my life (who knows, I might not do it now, but maybe a year later. Heck, maybe even 10 years from now, I'll be sure to make this game). But yeah sure, I would love to have more people help me. I'll give you a PM probably sometime this week when I'm ready.
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

_Frocs_ wrote:
DeltaOp1 wrote:
You could take this as an example.

And I have a question, which engine would you to decide to?(Unity or voxlap)
Thanks for giving me a source! That looks cool for a game that's under development. I might go with Voxlap, I'm not entirely sure as I don't know how the game will turn out if I choose Unity. But I'll PM you sometime this week (give me until next Saturday if not earlier) when I'm ready.
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Feel free to ask me to make any .kv6 models you want, and any artwork as well.
Thanks man! I'll PM you sometime this week when I'm ready.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

You can edit your post, quit triple/double posting.
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Hey guys, thanks for all the support, I didn't expect to get offered any help by anyone (especially by modders here). I appreciate all the help, but I'm doubtful this game will ever even make it. I'm just a 13 year old kid who just wants to create stuff, you know? Besides, what the hell can a 13 year old do?
DeltaOp1
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Fleischgeruch wrote:
You can edit your post, quit triple/double posting.
Oops. Didn't know that. Haha, thanks!
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I'm 13. As long as you open up your perspective and act a bit older then you are then you can do anything. Take the time to learn some code and you can make a game.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Yea if you have the last post just edit it instead of making a new post.
70 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”