How about... New Aos?

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
57 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Post_Modernist
Deuced Up

Most of non-fan of original Aos thinks game is... Good. I am fan of 0.75 Ace of spades, but i already played steam Aos. And this is game... em.. You think it is very cool by 5 days. Before 5 days you thing game is pretty bad.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

we don't like it
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Post_Modernist wrote:
Most of non-fan of original Aos thinks game is... Good. I am fan of 0.75 Ace of spades, but i already played steam Aos. And this is game... em.. You think it is very cool by 5 days. Before 5 days you thing game is pretty bad.
I don't know what you're saying.

AoS 1.0 = horrible
AoS 0.75 = bad
AoS 0.76 = good
AoS 0.54 = amazing
awesomeness2000
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

well i have seen videos and gameplay, it is VERY cool, but im not a fanboy. i would only buy it if they made it downloadable for conslole (and they might get the money to do that)
awesomeness2000

Vezok wrote:
Post_Modernist wrote:

AoS 1.0 = horrible
AoS 0.75 = bad
AoS 0.76 = good
AoS 0.54 = amazing
everybody is saying that because the new AoS is not free and deleted everybody's fav weapon, the rifle. i think its cool having a sniper without modding the rifle, sniper has same stats as rifle too, whats the fuss. (sorry for double posting)
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

awesomeness2000 wrote:
everybody is saying that because the new AoS is not free and deleted everybody's fav weapon, the rifle. i think its cool having a sniper without modding the rifle, sniper has same stats as rifle too, whats the fuss. (sorry for double posting)
That is not even remotely why (you're also wrong about the stats). This is why.
1. It took away the slow-paced, WWI feel of AoS and made it a fast-paced TF2 knockoff.
2. Characters classes woefully unbalanced
3. Character classes
4. Lack of private servers
5. Lack of moddable skins
6. Lack of server moderation
7. Teabagging achievements
8. Weapons unbalanced
9. DLC's
10. Being oriented towards griefers
11. Horrendous lag
12. Terrible votekick system
13. Jetpacks
Gunslinger
Deuced Up

To be honest, I think AoS 1.0 is, in most ways, a better game than beta AoS. Although it may have drifted off into the mainstream with classes and loadouts and stuff, it still has more staying power, at least for me, than beta AoS (I can play 1.0 for hours, but I can only play beta for 20-30 minutes before repetition comes in).
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

Gunslinger wrote:
To be honest, I think AoS 1.0 is, in most ways, a better game than beta AoS. Although it may have drifted off into the mainstream with classes and loadouts and stuff, it still has more staying power, at least for me, than beta AoS (I can play 1.0 for hours, but I can only play beta for 20-30 minutes before repetition comes in).
Your choice. For me AoS 1.0 is kinda boring, and not as fun as .75/.76.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

scrawl wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Your choice. For me AoS 1.0 is kinda boring, and not as fun as .75/.76.

Dito.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

AoS 1.0 = horrible
AoS 0.75 = good
AoS 0.76 = good unnatural gameplay - weird movement of soldiers, changed rifle/smg damage, rifle has slow fire rate
AoS 0.54 = amazing never played it
How does .54 look I don't know it, there is already mess in all the aos versions. I'll play my .75.
awesomeness2000

Vezok wrote:
awesomeness2000 wrote:
1. It took away the slow-paced, WWI feel of AoS and made it a fast-paced TF2 knockoff.
3. Character classes
8. Weapons unbalanced
9. DLC's
11. Horrendous lag
13. Jetpacks
how the hell is jetpacks bad, and if it was a TF2 knockoff then it would have classses like heavy, scout, etc. plus i can tell the TDM is from BF3, and it has the better zombie mode, the one on .75 is UNBALANCED and full of black ops retards (Even though i play black ops, im not THAT retarded) and teabagging, is just an achievement for the trolls and noobs in the game, AND NOW they TRIED to fixed the lag, but i swear the lag in openspades is WAY worse. and it got all its gamemodes are mainly from battlefield 3, and they didn't try to make it a game for griefers, in fact in all the gameplay i've seen there are barely any griefers because the admins are JAGEX THEMSELVES DUFUS! and don't forget that jagex is trying to balance weapons because THEY listen and THEIR version isn't Undead (get it, .75 was dead until BnS revived it) so they update it. only thing i agree with is the DLC, i don't give a damn im not going to get the stupid DLC. Just a reminder, jagex added an CLASSIC MODE which brought back the slow pace of wwI (like i give a damn about that). im sorry for the language but i do like FAST pace modern era games better than WWI games. though i do play WWII games, they are more fast paced. AoS 1.0 is recommended for the people who play BF3 but want the minecraft feel.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

awesomeness2000 wrote:
Vezok wrote:
awesomeness2000 wrote:
3. Character classes
8. Weapons unbalanced
9. DLC's
11. Horrendous lag
13. Jetpacks
how the hell is jetpacks bad, and if it was a TF2 knockoff then it would have classses like heavy, scout, etc. plus i can tell the TDM is from BF3, and it has the better zombie mode, the one on .75 is UNBALANCED and full of black ops retards (Even though i play black ops, im not THAT retarded) and teabagging, is just an achievement for the trolls and noobs in the game, AND NOW they TRIED to fixed the lag, but i swear the lag in openspades is WAY worse. and it got all its gamemodes are mainly from battlefield 3, and they didn't try to make it a game for griefers, in fact in all the gameplay i've seen there are barely any griefers because the admins are JAGEX THEMSELVES DUFUS! and don't forget that jagex is trying to balance weapons because THEY listen and THEIR version isn't Undead (get it, .75 was dead until BnS revived it) so they update it. only thing i agree with is the DLC, i don't give a damn im not going to get the stupid DLC. Just a reminder, jagex added an CLASSIC MODE which brought back the slow pace of wwI (like i give a damn about that). im sorry for the language but i do like FAST pace modern era games better than WWI games. though i do play WWII games, they are more fast paced. AoS 1.0 is recommended for the people who play BF3 but want the minecraft feel.
I do respect other's opinions, so no hard feelings ok: Ace of Spades was designed to be slow-paced; it was never meant to attract those with likings like you and/or anyone who likes BattleDuty Modern Quarters Premium Elite. JAGEX is hated because they changed that nature of the game, and pissed everybody off because of that, and so most of the original community literally boycott'd AoS 1.0.
And the AoS original community is here, AoS is here because we despised the direction where the whole FPS genre is going, and despised Battlefuck/Cock of Duty fanboys too. JAGEX ruined that and take all the bad and mainstream stuff and mash it up in the shittiest package ever the humanity has ever seen. And so TLDR I, and perhaps the rest of community, says: hey JAGEX, fuck you for what have you done to this wonderful gem.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

awesomeness2000 wrote:
how the hell is jetpacks bad, and if it was a TF2 knockoff then it would have classses like heavy, scout, etc.
But it does.
plus i can tell the TDM is from BF3, and it has the better zombie mode, the one on .75 is UNBALANCED and full of black ops retards
Well yeah, the .75 one is a server modification, it's obviously going to be a bit more jury-rigged than the built-in 1.0 gamemode.
(Even though i play black ops, im not THAT retarded)
lol
and they didn't try to make it a game for griefers, in fact in all the gameplay i've seen there are barely any griefers because the admins are JAGEX THEMSELVES DUFUS!
Yeah, all zero of them. And yeah, I'd say there's a lot of griefing.
and don't forget that jagex is trying to balance weapons because THEY listen and THEIR version isn't Undead (get it, .75 was dead until BnS revived it) so they update it.
Well yeah, nobody can update .75 because it's closed source, and guess what? It's on Jagex to do something about that.
Just a reminder, jagex added an CLASSIC MODE which brought back the slow pace of wwI (like i give a damn about that).
And they really dropped the ball on that. I was on the CMDA team which stopped being relevant after like a month when they told themselves that they've appeased us enough. And yeah, cool, you don't like slow-paced games. Then don't play them. I don't go around telling people not to like what they like.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

@awesomeness
Wtf are you smoking? Literally everything you said was either made up or completely wrong.
awesomeness2000

MrHaaax wrote:
And the AoS original community is here, AoS is here because we despised the direction where the whole FPS genre is going, and despised Battlefuck/Cock of Duty fanboys too. JAGEX ruined that and take all the bad and mainstream stuff and mash it up in the shittiest package ever the humanity has ever seen. And so TLDR I, and perhaps the rest of community, says: hey JAGEX, fuck you for what have you done to this wonderful gem.
Just to let you know that i think AoS .75 is actually the son of BF4 and minecraft, so i thought Battlefield fanboys were welcome, but nope apparently the community HATES people who actually played BF3-BF4 and LIKED the game!!! Green_Rifle
Last edited by awesomeness2000 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
57 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”