Zombies Balance Issue

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Jake94
Deuce

I'll start by saying this is my first post on these forums, so hello everyone :)

I am not exceedingly well-acquainted with the game, so if this appears to be a silly question or address, my apologies. I was playing zombies earlier today, and I had a lot of fun on the first match. It was a map covered with a thick canopy of jungle-like trees, which allowed my little Zombie Jake to move from place to place in a way that I hadn't experienced before, with the super-jump ability. It was an overall kick-ass experience.

However, in the next few rounds, I came to realize that that may have been the only map that was properly suited for Zombies. Of course, my reason for posting this topic is not to dispute maps. It came to my attention that while Zombies have very high defenses and can often make quick getaways, they have almost nothing going for them. The humans can easily bury their intel a handful of blocks down, and it's almost comical to watch the zombies try to scramble for it.

Do the abilities change from server to server, or are they the same all around? Also, is there some way to change them? I think that boosting the Zombies' speed would help to balance them out; many times I would find myself chasing after a human with just my spade while they pumped me full of lead from a distance of only a few blocks, and there was nothing I could do but retreat or die (again, as I assume the zombies are already dead. Please correct if this is not the case). Call of Duty took this approach and it definitely helped. That's basically it lol

tl;dr : faster zombies make fun game plz
pokefan548
Modder
Modder

Take it to the Jagex forums, B&S is only responsible for 0.75/0.76 problems.
pokefan548
Modder
Modder

Yeeeaaah, should've thought about that more.
RyanK
Deuced Up

I agree. Please take this to the Jagex forums, this has nothing to do with B&S. (Hardly any)
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Hey, this post is kinda welcome considering this section has been the Fuck Jagex section for quite some time. I'd love to see if we can be better at supporing 1.x than Jagex is >:D

With that said, I'm going to attempt to view this from a game dev perspective.
Jake94 wrote:
I'll start by saying this is my first post on these forums, so hello everyone :)
Hello :) Note, I don't play 1.x, only 0.x, and refuse to give them my money due to them shitting all over us.
Jake94 wrote:
I am not exceedingly well-acquainted with the game, so if this appears to be a silly question or address, my apologies. I was playing zombies earlier today, and I had a lot of fun on the first match. It was a map covered with a thick canopy of jungle-like trees, which allowed my little Zombie Jake to move from place to place in a way that I hadn't experienced before, with the super-jump ability. It was an overall kick-ass experience.
Was it Mayan Jungle by any chance?
Jake94 wrote:
However, in the next few rounds, I came to realize that that may have been the only map that was properly suited for Zombies. Of course, my reason for posting this topic is not to dispute maps. It came to my attention that while Zombies have very high defenses and can often make quick getaways, they have almost nothing going for them. The humans can easily bury their intel a handful of blocks down, and it's almost comical to watch the zombies try to scramble for it.
From my understanding, zombies are ultimately about strength in numbers.
Jake94 wrote:
Do the abilities change from server to server, or are they the same all around? Also, is there some way to change them?
Flame the idiots at Jagex harder until they let people run their own custom servers.
Jake94 wrote:
I think that boosting the Zombies' speed would help to balance them out; many times I would find myself chasing after a human with just my spade while they pumped me full of lead from a distance of only a few blocks, and there was nothing I could do but retreat or die (again, as I assume the zombies are already dead. Please correct if this is not the case). Call of Duty took this approach and it definitely helped. That's basically it lol

tl;dr : faster zombies make fun game plz
I don't think "more dakka" is the right solution for anything. It's good to encourage teamwork. This seems to just encourage ramboing the damn thing.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”