Ace of Spades free weekend

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

From now until Sunday March 17th Ace of Spades 1.0 is free on Steam.

Just a heads up to anyone thinking about trying it, already did. It sucks, just like everybody says. Boring as heck, the servers are complete crap.

Every server I joined, no matter where in the world I still had incredible lag. I downloaded all 250 MB of this game in 20 minutes, so I don't have a bad internet.

So don't waste the 20 minutes it takes to download this game.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I am downloading it now anyway
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I was going to give it another go and try some US East servers, but nope. Won't let me connect.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

HoboHob wrote:
I was going to give it another go and try some US East servers, but nope. Won't let me connect.
I am going to make my review video later and don't feel like telling you everything I found that was bad, yea I had that problem too but I am in the mid west so I found in ok. Its a good game overall and I will continue to play it this weekend but I don't know if I would buy it.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

I tried it but I'll never buy it. It has no real outstanding gameplay and it's simpily not worth it. Green_Spade
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

STRIKE081 wrote:
I tried it but I'll never buy it. It has no real outstanding gameplay and it's simpily not worth it. Green_Spade
If it ever goes 80% off I will buy it, a $2 game is hard to resist. Even if it does suck.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Oh, that expains http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/webpages/playercount.html#all . This is just the latest and most desperate of Jagex's every-3-weeks pushes.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I tried it too. Took me less than 20 minutes to download but the lag on european servers was just oustandingly horrible. Around 300 ms at lowest, going up to 2k and above at tough times.
Gameplay is disgusting, and although there aren't any BRs, polaks, or hackers (not that I've seen any in the 30 minutes of playing it), the players are just generally boring and slightly unintelligent even. It's a horrible game, being developed by a horrible company. Best not to download or play it so as not to raise their statistics.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

I couldn't play it for 10 minutes without starting to miss BnS.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Sonarpulse wrote:
Oh, that expains http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/webpages/playercount.html#all . This is just the latest and most desperate of Jagex's every-3-weeks pushes.
Code: Select all
<~GreaseMonkey> ,playercount
-DerpyBot- Error: invalid literal for float(): 11,341
It's undeniably their best.
Just waiting for f2p weekend to die out, then we can see if people would really want to pay for it.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Went from 14,000 to 900 players in less than a day :P
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

HoboHob wrote:
Went from 14,000 to 900 players in less than a day :P
Thats called failure
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Well it peaked at 3500ish today, which isnt bad. If it can maintain a peak 3000ish everyday for the next month. I would count that as a success. Lets do some investigative journalism.

Payday the hiest and Chivalry medieval combat have had free weekends

Chivalry's playercount a few days before the free weekend through the week after it ended:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= ... 0562400000

You will see a huge spike from the free weekend followed by much higher playercounts after the weekend vs before the weekend started.

Payday's graph for the free weekend of oct 12th 2012:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= ... 6328800000

It starts out with a much lower playercount than that of chivalry followed by a huge spike and high player counts for a few days after weekend ended, and returning to pre-weekend numbers rather quickly. Payday has had more than one free weekend but I couldnt comfirm the dates of the earlier weekend. If you look at is entire playercount history you see it has very steep peaks and valleys much like AoJ.

Below is AoJ steam graph from the monday before the weekend until today
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= ... 3582800000
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Thank you for sharing Dan, I will use that site alot now. Jagex is an open book to me. When they are lowo n players they do one of three things:
- go on sale
-have a free weekend
-DLC/new content

My advice to them would be to add user created content. On the mumble you used to say that AoS is the community's game. It was true but I never thought it did much to help the game besides make it really really great. I think that sense users could create stuff Jagex could have a steady income of content and could then work on fixing bugs and haxs made by someone with an R. With content being made daily players would never run out of stuff to play or make and would thus have a steady player count so when people look at graphs like that they see alot of players and a steady growth which will make them want to buy.
Flying Peanut
Deuce

Ace of spades 1.0 sucks Blue_Tongue
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”