New class revealed: Commando

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Tek2
Deuced Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulACMlEK ... 06&index=2

Someone embed? I didn't get it to work.

Minimum iq hehe
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Go to share video and copy the bit after be/.

Anyways, sally admitted on the AoS forums that
a)This video is somehow already outdated(really?...)
b)hes immune to head shots(or something of a similar nature)
c)
SallyTheButcher wrote:
he currently has Rocket Launcher/Minigun Pistol (oh yeah there's a pistol! ;-)), Grenades, and Spade as well as his constructs (prefabricated structures)
Honestly the class balance is already looking pretty shitty, then again, Im basing this off of unknown/outdated info. If the scout really only has a sniper and smg, whats the point in playing him if half the classes are immune to headshots? Likewise why play this class, as he lacks any form of long range weaponry? The most troubling of all however, is...
SallyTheButcher wrote:
As for the weapons, some of the footage is already out of date,
So much is getting added in so little time that they cant even update the videos to reflect it. It's making me wonder, how much thought is really going into balance? It doesn't help they havent really shown any gameplay, and most of the maps theyve shown are advertising the fact of "look at how pretty I am" rather than "I play well".
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Fluttershy wrote:
So much is getting added in so little time that they cant even update the videos to reflect it. It's making me wonder, how much thought is really going into balance? It doesn't help they havent really shown any gameplay, and most of the maps theyve shown are advertising the fact of "look at how pretty I am" rather than "I play well".
I cant help but assume this is a rush job. As far as I know none of this was in place while ben and mat were on the project. So that is a little less than two months to throw all this class stuff together.
Kalin
Deuced Up

I might just be butthurt, but somehow the fact that guy is smoking makes me pretty sad. :blue: :green: <- these are so simple and perfect, do they really have to make everything look "BADASS"?
Darkthotter
Deuce

Ladies and Mentlegen, the future of griefing.
Spam bullets.
Big badda ba boom
Drills everywhere
Rockets
This list goes on...
As supplied by jaGex.
[Bay12]Jake
Deuced Up

Fluttershy wrote:
Honestly the class balance is already looking pretty shitty, then again, Im basing this off of unknown/outdated info. If the scout really only has a sniper and smg, whats the point in playing him if half the classes are immune to headshots? Likewise why play this class, as he lacks any form of long range weaponry?
What I think they're doing wrong, as I just posted on the other forum, is trying to cram too much into too few classes. A machine-gunner and a grenadier/AT soldier or whatever you want to call it? I could get behind that, particularly if Jagex had a brief attack of good sense and imposed a cap on how many of each class you can have on a team at once. Mashing them both together into a walking action movie cliché, though? Not so much.

That said, I think there is just the tiniest germ of a good idea in the issue of helmets, but I'll take that to the suggestions thread.
Tank
Artist
Artist

I couldn't see myself ever using this class unless I wanted to go kamikaze. I would naturally think that the minigun would be overpowered, but by the looks of this, it seems worthless. Either that, or the players' aim isn't too good. Seeing as there are so many weapons that have been added in such a short amount of time, I'm still questioning the balancing. Just the three weapons we have now have been difficult enough to balance and are probably still not balanced well enough. Overall, this class seems really slow, unlike having a jet pack or a spade and drill that can pull you through mountains in seconds, the weapons don't look that good either, so I doubt this will be a popular class.

I'm interested in seeing the sniper whenever they decide to show it, I'm guessing it's going to be the best weapon in the game, and if used correctly, you'll be able to mow everyone down.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”