Interesting developments

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
22 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Joeyray
Deuce

Howdy Fellla's!
This just popped up on my news-feed and I had a glance, oh boy, classes, sniper rifles and digging tools ahoy.
Have a nosey and let your feelings be known. :?:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/20/a ... m-fortress
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

torch blocks, you got to be kidding me.... Not that I am against lighting up the trenches but torch blocks sounds stupid
Joeyray
Deuce

This made me shake my head
" Balance might be all over the place, with certain guns seeming wildly powerful compared to some surprisingly weak entries, and headshots on players who are approximately 40% head might not be the best idea, but the hilarious violence wreaked on the landscape makes those quirks worth enduring."
I interpret that to mean that they are really gearing this towards an audience with the attention span of rugby ball....
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

The game has changed so much since I last tested OpenGl. Back then it still had the same AoS feel with improved graphics among other things. Now it's essentially Brick Force.

This was a comment on that article:

"Brick force was before this... (It was crap, but the same idea)"

It's sad and at first glance you'd think they're incorrect, but in this case I think it's safe to say AoS OpenGL has become Brick Force 2.0.
danhezee

"A huge amount of effort has gone into creating some genuinely pretty maps, from Lunar Bases to Aztec Jungles, but none of that matters when five minutes into the game they’re only so much rubble. Mountains turn into transit hubs, filled with rough pathways hewn out by overeager miners. Any structures are rendered ruins through a mix of explosives, gunfire and the posthumous detonation of dozens of deaths."

so the very griefing problems we had with hackers in april 2011 when they would level the gen maps. And I guess every player explodes on death now?
Magnus
Deuce

danhezee wrote:
"A huge amount of effort has gone into creating some genuinely pretty maps, from Lunar Bases to Aztec Jungles, but none of that matters when five minutes into the game they’re only so much rubble. Mountains turn into transit hubs, filled with rough pathways hewn out by overeager miners. Any structures are rendered ruins through a mix of explosives, gunfire and the posthumous detonation of dozens of deaths."

so the very griefing problems we had with hackers in april 2011 when they would level the gen maps. And I guess every player explodes on death now?
I really hope not, but it does seem that way.
Nestoflo
League Participant
League Participant

I have nothing useful I can add to this conversation but I wonder what will happen to the future of AoS.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

I actually lol'd
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Wow...
Two classes can sort of smash blocks, and the other two can HOLYSHITWHEREDIDMYMOUNTAINGO blocks... Not even the engineer builds things... I can see them setting round timers to no more than five minutes, otherwise the map will just be obliterated and you'll be fighting on no-man's land.
Habsburger
Deuce

rakiru wrote:
Wow...
Two classes can sort of smash blocks, and the other two can HOLYSHITWHEREDIDMYMOUNTAINGO blocks... Not even the engineer builds things... I can see them setting round timers to no more than five minutes, otherwise the map will just be obliterated and you'll be fighting on no-man's land.
That is the point! No mans land is awesome for a ww1 feel. Fighting in the muddy destroyed terrain while grenades rain above your head.
Twily
Deuced Up

From 3 to 2 classes
... I see what you did there, Jagex. Battlefield ?
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:

If this happens I am going to explode in real life.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

EssigGurkenFred wrote:
danhezee wrote:
Well, it's been nice knowing you...
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I love how overpowered the Scout is going to be.
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
EssigGurkenFred wrote:
danhezee wrote:
Well, it's been nice knowing you...
Thanks. I will open a thread if jagex has reached that point so you all know what happened to me.
22 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”