World War themed update

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
55 posts Page 4 of 4 First unread post
SIMOX
Deuced Up

Although this classic mode has fancy graphics, ambient sounds, skybox but it doesn't have one thing - map loop. It gives the feeling that the land is huge and u are not just fighting on some kinda island. So the maps that are not supposed to be islands looks weird (my map for example). Even Gen map wouldn't look good because map doesn't loop.

Idk. Looks nice but still doesn't feel like voxlap. And i bet it will never be better than voxlap.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

No matter what they do i will never see 1.x as better than the original.
(just my opinion) Green_tongue
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

I watched TGM's video of the classic update, and while it certainly looks more like beta AoS, and looks like it plays more like beta AoS, there still seem to be a few things lacking. Everything still looks fast-paced - the reload speed of the rifle and the fuse of the grenade are two things that immediately spring to mind for things which need to have a longer time. While on the topic of grenades, the throwing power seems to increase much too fast (possibly to offset the short fuse). This would be fine if you want to throw it either a few feet or the max distance, but anything inbetween looks difficult to achieve with any degree of accuracy.

It looks a step in the right direction at least, Jagex just need to continue improving on it before I'll consider parting with my cash for it.
tallyyyyyy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Why would we pay ten dollars to play 0.75 with better graphics. I don't really see how this would get people to play this one instead.
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

The release was a first start, and yes - it appears more like 0.70 in nature right now.
Hopefully if Jagex listens to advice from their new team, we hope to get it feeling as similar as we can to the real early era, and from there only add new things that fit the tactical/slower-paced gameplay.
theginjaninja09
Modder
Modder

Ive just played it.
comparing it to .75:
good changes:
- the digging is better (In my opinion.)
- no smg! Green_BigSmile

bad changes:
- rifle accuracy is still off par.
- no minimap.
- no map looping.
- the hip shot sights don't dissapear when you aim.
- the aiming sights are so thick! impossible to snipe accuratly.
- shotty is gone.
- sprint and walk way to fast.
- grenade explosions are to weak.
- too short of a reload time.

so yeah...

jagex
..|
..V
Blue_Surprised2 Green_Pistol2
Sn3ky
Deuced Up

I agree with ginjaninja as far as the comparison to .75. But all in all JAGEX still has alot more room for improvement. I'm actually happy that JAGEX is finally taking the turn for the better.
SIMOX
Deuced Up

tallyyyyyy wrote:
Why would we pay ten dollars to play 0.75 with better graphics. I don't really see how this would get people to play this one instead.
Yea gameplay first, graphics later. I don't really care about 1.0 look though, maybe cuz i love voxlap too much, and maybe cuz i hate Jagex too much to forgive for main game fuck up. Besides playing old 0.75 we can have custom maps, custom servers, custom mods and other custom crap.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

I love voxlap's nostalgia way more than fancy graphics!
Micosino123
Deuce

rakiru wrote:
"it’s us asking the passionate, creative Ace community to help build the game they want to play"
Funny - you've been silencing a lot of people who give even the slightest criticism to the new game since you took over the forum. When did you realise this was a bad idea and that you should instead embrace the feedback? I haven't been active much on here, so I'm not sure when you started asking us for the same thing you'd been warning us for a few weeks ago.
You have my "unnoticed" support!

nice that you took action in the JAoS forums, i wish i was good with words...

Ehem, on topic, theres still major flaws in this update. Its (sorta) nothing like the very early version.

Other than all people who wants the classic to be like the old one (or 0.75), heres what i want back:

SWINGING CAMEREA MOVEMENTS
55 posts Page 4 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”