Moderator Application Thread

Our latest need-to-know information.
82 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
brickyphone
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Timezone: GMT solid
Contribution to community: I've been playing AoS since may(ish) 2011 and am no longer shit at it. I also tried to be active on the old forums, enticing community spirit, by starting competitions, plus being a semi-large part of the modding community. I thought AoS was dead, but this working new site is a fresh start, and a chance to be an even bigger pillar of the community. Plus, :blue: are masters
Aero
Deuced Up

Timezone and/or location: GMT +10 (Victoria, Australia)
Contribution to the community: Help with moderation, of course!; have quite a bit of experience in moderation (mainly not as a moderator :p) and can make AoS style smiles :D I've played AoS since April 2011, and lurked a lot on the old forums.

(also, I highly recommend you give Booyo and CraftDinur moderation powers)
Also, note to all appliers of moderator: (booyo, dinur,Hobo and some others will probably know this, being highly mature members of the community)
This NOT a fun job.
So only apply if you really want to actually help the community; not if you want to have fun with locking threads, warning members, ect.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Moderation actually is kind of fun. It was certainly more fun than watching spambots take over the old forums.
SuperDaniel
Deuced Up

USABxBOOYO wrote:
Moderation actually is kind of fun. It was certainly more fun than watching spambots take over the old forums.
Its pretty controlled here though, have you seen the spammers on Jagex's forum haha too many to count.
Lucky its pretty controlled here at the moment ;)
CaptianC3
Deuce

Benifits: I would like to keep this a friendly forum and site.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Edit: lol
Last edited by ThisFrickinSite on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aero
Deuced Up

Yeah, heaps of spam bots on Jagex's forum.
To be completely honest, if Jagex are going to select community moderators I won't be suprised if I am chosen..nor will I if I aren't...seriously, I am like the only one there the reports freaking posts.
Anyway, back on topic, true that it can be fun being a moderator, but other times it isn't.
Even less fun if you are a support question moderator...

Idiot:
How to become moderator?
Moderator:
Get chosen
Idiot:
How to get chosen
Moderator:
The heads have to choose you
Idiot:
Will they choose me?i cool n stuff
Moderator:
No...
Idiot:
y not
Moderator:
>.<

I had fun writing that. (note: not meant to be funny at all c;)
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aero wrote:
Even less fun if you are a support question moderator...

Idiot:
How to become moderator?
Moderator:
Get chosen
Idiot:
How to get chosen
Moderator:
The heads have to choose you
Idiot:
Will they choose me?i cool n stuff
Moderator:
No...
Idiot:
y not
Moderator:
>.<

I had fun writing that. (note: not meant to be funny at all c;)
Or you could be a decent supporty person and actually explain the process of becoming a moderator rather than giving half-assed, unhelpful answers. It makes the experience better overall for all parties involved. c;
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Guys lets leave this thread as applications only. If you want to discuss how get accepted and be a good moderator, feel free to make a new thread in general discussion.
FunCoreLP
Deuce

Timezone: _Germany should be UTC+1
Contribution to community: Well, since I started playing Ace of Spades in July, I wanted to help the community. I searched for hackers, I helped, when somebody had a question. Now I want to help it official - as a moderator.
That's not InGame, it's Moderator for a big community, I know it's hard, but I think I can deal with it. Maybe I can be the "German" moderator cause many Germans are playing AoS.
Greetings,
Marius ;)
Twily
Deuced Up

Timezone and/or location: GMT+7. (No daylight saving)
Contribution to the community: Oh, if you are reading this... um, I don't know much about things I have to say. Maybe I'm not famous and have big influences, but I have experiences as being a moderator in a TF2 community before I retired, so at least I got experiences about moderating (including dealing with trolls, spambots, newbies, anti-newfags...). And i'm willing to learn anything, yes!
Yeah, that's what I can tell you so far. You can see how I'm dealing with things when I started being a moderator (if I'm accepted).
Thanks for reading this.
matthew0901
Deuced Up

Timezone and/or location: Standerd EST Time, Living In The UnitedStates
Contribution to the community: I would be online almost every day and moderate threads and being a helpful person to those who need help and if you guys need help with anything I would be happy to help.
CrazyPug37
Deuced Up

Age: 12. I know I'm young, but I believe I am a mature, helpful kid with lots of wisom for his age.

Timezone and/or location: GMT -8, also known as Pacific Standard Time. I live in California, USA.

Contribution to the community: Honesty, fairness, responsiblity, kindness. Those are some of the thousands of traits anybody with a high position needs in a community, especially an small, online gaming community where everyone knows each other, not in real life, but online. After many months of playing Ace of Spades and being active in the (old) forums, I believe I have what it takes to be a moderator. I know there are many people applying to be a moderator on the buildandshoot.com forums that are older than me, but it's not about the size or age of a person, it's about the wisdom and strength. I am currently active in many Ace of Spades related communities, and strive to be mature, respectful, and willing in all. Since I am young, the community could trust on me never to miss a day of moderating, since I wont be looking for jobs, going to college, or having as much homework as some of the 16-25 year olds applying for the job. Many of the people applying for the spot might think this is an easy task, but like being the President or the King, it is harder then it looks. I have already thought about the pros and cons, and have decided that I would be ready to be a great moderator if I had to, based on my personality.

So, thank you for reading my application, and remember, if you ever need me, I'll be here.

~Pug
shaz

Timezone and/or location: GMT / UK
Contribution to the community: I wouldn't really go as far as calling it a contribution, but I've been with the community of the original AoS since the first few days of release by Ben. I was known as Vortex. I've seen the game grow as well, and have experienced the changes which were made, some negative and some positive and have given feedback on them. Therefore I understand the game quite well and what it needs and have tried to put forward feasible ideas. I don't want to chatter on too much about other things, but what I do know is that I've been here so long for a reason; the fun involved in playing. I think my love for the game is what will drive my passion to Moderate. I respect the game developers as I've seen how far they come and those who have left us, I wish them luck. I'm willing to help with the community by keeping it together and offering my assistance to keep it running without fail. Games like these have inspired me to go into Programming, and I hope to pursue that dream and one day having my own creation. I hope this game goes far, but it is a shame that Jagex took over, but I'm glad to see some of the old players keeping the community together.

Regards,
Shaz / Vortex.
Adder

Timezone and/or location: Uk
Contribution to the community: Hi my name is adder im 12 years old i know thats young,but i been on ace of spades i played it for mouths,I been on servers that had hackers and greifers ive been telling them all to stop but they never stop,Its a shame that all these hackers,wall hack,and aimboters have to hack, i wish to be a admin so that i can help stop people from hacking,its shame that people get votekick,so people who are out there and hack should stop,there is no reason for someone hack,just play fair and square.Im very suprise japex tookover its just shame he did.Ace of spades should improve more with banning sytems and more admins out there.they should edit ace of spades making more weapons and ban greifers.Im tired of people spaming in the chat its really annoying and sometimes i tell them to stop just like spambots,they always bully other people in the chat just like me i got bullyed in the chat,but now i never got bullied cuz a admin ban them,i hope all the people on ace of spades respect all the noobs and the starters,i would never make fun of a noob or a starters i would show starters how to play ace of spades,if i dont get picked dont worry i can always try again one day.i hope you all have a happy thanksgiving.im been in school and im a nice person im even a nice person on ace of spades.

Adder~
82 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Return to “Official News”