Build and Shoot 1 year anniversary Guest Book

Our latest need-to-know information.
269 posts Page 3 of 18 First unread post
Sennar
League Participant
League Participant

I just saw a video by etho playing it, and decided it was the only shooter up to date that I would regularly play. This continuity has declined quite a bit but will hopefully comeback with minit servers coming to .76!
Yoman282
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Just googled "Free FPS games" and I found this. I'm glad I did and I got addicted fast.

Now that OpenSpades 0.0.9 is out.. I'll be playing all day.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Exactly one year ago I joined the website after being informed of it by Dan. Since then I have helped out in with the news team, made a few maps, and founded a successful clan. I have changed a lot since my early days on the phpbb forums but over all I am still me. I young player trying to make a name for him self for myself. When I first joined the community I used the term gamer of tomorrow a lot because of my age. I think the title still fits me.

I can't wait to keep giving you guys your news, making new maps, and playing the game with you. Thanks stack and the other admins for making a good website. Here is to another great year of gaming! Blue_BigSmile
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

Ok I'll take a stab at it....

So I've been around Ace of Spades since I watched a video of it Paul Soares Jr. made a few years back when it had just gone into beta stages. I had a great time with it for about two years I think, then Jagex bought Ace of Spades. People went in an uproar about that. I wasn't mad about it at the time, just worried. Obviously I doubted that it would be good, but I really did hope they would pull through for the fans of the game and make something that was already awesome to shine brighter. Of course they didn't, they shot for a completely different audience. I was crushed, but I bought it anyway and played it every now and then right up until they took out modding. At that point, I sat in my chair, staring at that fateful shitty "patch". I thought, "patch my ass, more like a downgrade." I dropped the game immediately. Haven't touched it since. Then some of my buddies from the pre-Jagex forums directed me here. You have no idea how happy I was. I just kinda sat there speechless for a few minutes. Downloaded it right away, went straight to the modding section. Lo and behold, many of my past favorite modders had transferred to the new site, this site, Build and Shoot. Now I never actually went official with my mods in the pre-Jagex forums. But here is where I decided to start my modding career, which I've been doing ever since.
Happy birthday from duck_norris, :BuildAndShoot: !
Pulchy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I became the cat of a game called Build&Shoot

In west california born and raised
On the server page was where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool
And all shootin some noobs outside of their cover
When a couple of blues
Who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I caputred one little intel and my mom got scared
She said ’You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air’
TheVetNoob

jdrew wrote:
I have changed a lot since my early days on the phpbb forums but over all I am still me. I young player trying to make a name for him self for myself.
few examples of old jdrew:
Spoiler:
Applying for GoH
i want to join
...your favourite weapon smg
...your average kill/death ratio (if you know it)idk but i get 30 kills in most matches
...time you have been playing AoS a month maybe 2
...your non-game skills (such as making skins, managing pages etc...)idk
...your timezone (so that we can know when you'll be online) i will always be online o u can email me
...your in-game name (so that we know you when we see you in-game) jdrewlowery
...what can you contribute to our clan im not sure my frend beca is in this clan and she said i should join. i have been
looking for a clan for 2 weeks now and dont know which one to join but i want to help get a clan started . i am always
playing so i will be active if you need some skill i got it im good at sniping and tanking but i just want a clan to hang with
so please let me join . :)
Hello guys so i have a question for you . Are the admins in the game fair and good ? Do they do there job ? Are they abuseing there powers ? The reason i have made this topic is because I made a thread recently and when an admin (i wont say names ) saw he repleyed and saild that the creator is nt ruining the game and that EVERY one loves the updates then he
locked my thread so no one could repley . Now i am frends with many ingame admins and most of them are nice . What do you think ? Are the admins fair ? All i was doing was saying my opion and i got yelled at ! Why ?
Hello guys i have been working on getting the game more plyers so i posted a topic on it on mmobomb.com . 2 days later
another person did the same thing i did but i did a hole review he did one scentence and got 600 views in 5 hours and 10 repleys . Am i mad ? No not at all cause i did my part and in his threads repleys most people checked out the site so in the end we all win cause now we will have some new people comeing in to replace those that have gone . Please do other things
to get more people too that way when we all say we hate the game they will have to change it back to before .75
Howdydo11

Well, where do I even start?
Here, I guess. I've had a rough start in the community, but i came in .56. WAY back when the gun movement made People throw up.
Ive hacked, but I now frown against such terrible activities.
I don't have many friends In real life, but I usually turn to B&S mumble, because i consider Dan, Though I'm sure he doesn't like me, a bigger brother, that i never talk to. He's large and in charge, along with stack. Jdrew and [AK] are probably the best thing that has happened to me in The B&S community. I always had a dream of joining Enclave, but It disbanded after I had finally matured enough to join. I was inactive for a while, then found [DELTA]. A great clan, that hardly ever lost, and with a great community it seemed like a great idea. It was. I attempted to join Komrades several times, but was understandably declined for my past.
Then i went inactive for 8 months.
Ace-spades.com was gone? What happened? What the hell did i miss?
Build and shoot came up in an article somewhere, and i joined early, but never used it.I decided i wanted to join a clan, and [AK] was there. Best decision. they are all "family" to me, and accept me. ( I think )
So, basically, B&S and AoS, are the only sources of being "cool" in my life, even though i'm not enjoyed much here Either.

Thanks for reading my terrible AoS life story, and not understanding much of it probably.
Deuces
(Pun intended)

wow this is shit.
Fett316

I picked it up when it was at .2 ...

Flying Deuces, leveling entire worlds, leaving massive snakes of pink and yellow across the remaing wasteland... Watching them rage quit because ctrl+jump out of the water was impossible, actually having a pickaxe (that totally existed)...

When Green/Blue Master Race actually meant something.
NinjaMafia3
Deuced Up

I started playing when I saw it on a gaming channel and I found it interesting, so I decided to check it out. When I started playing it, it was 0.76 beta, and I found the game to be interesting. But back then, I didn't go onto things like forums, so I eventually got bored of playing it. A couple of months later, I wanted to try it out again, but I soon found out that Jagex had bought the game. Another couple of months later, I discovered BuildandShoot, and I started to play the game again. I accidentally went to the forums and I saw a bunch of fans of the game, like me, so I decided to join. :)
tehlolguy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

hi,i'm not sure how I found aos, it was so long ago!
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

Name: CaptainDerpster
How I found AoS: found it from Ethoslab, joined in mid .75 joined forums eventually about late .75.
How I found BnS: heard everyone talking about this in the JAGEX forums, eventually joined and found the old community here.
Favorite Moment: Well not really favorite moment but I think it was the first time I joined mumble and met other people from the community.
Peanut
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Same as mah DUMB bro
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

I found Ace of Spades in May 2012
I met him on one Russian imageboard, and I never played ANY FPS games before (except GTA).
That was very fun, so much fan arts I saw on servers.
I didn't really care about AoS forums before September/October, but when I found buildandshoot I tried to register.
So here I am, I still like this game
Pingu
News Team
News Team

Hi,

I actually didn't find Ace Of Spades, My brother played it with the in game name of Davorox, After a year I decided to give it a go and so I did

But when the new ace of spades came out I thought it was all over because I was not going to buy it because it took a way the whole ace of spades away from it. Jetpacks, Rocket Launcher really that just doesn't sound like aos

But when I my Brother found out about BnS, So basically that is how I came to now

Hope I get the badge soon
Altoids
Deuced Up

Korakoff introduced the game to me back in .70, I got interested, and now I'm here, a semi-active member of the community.
269 posts Page 3 of 18 First unread post
Return to “Official News”