106 posts Page 2 of 8 First unread post
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Sonarpulse wrote:
  1. Yay!
  2. EVERYBODY GET ON 76 NOW!
  3. Source for mah linux?
  4. We need to compile tarballs of all past releases. Ah I see you can give it a MSI too.
Currently it is closed source. As for Linux compatibility I can't give any guarantees. There is one P/Invoke if I recall correctly, so that may be a problem. I can try to make it as mono-compliant as possible. Blue_BigSmile
[FF]Rambo wrote:
I bet you already thought of this, but did you ever think about adding the ability to use a mic in-game?
There are plently of third-party applications that allow you to do that, without bloating the protocol. For example, we have a community Mumble (mumble://mumble.buildandshoot.com:64738/?version=1.2.2).
Arszilla wrote:
thanks but how do i get my mods back? i lost them with this damn launcher
The launcher doesn't modify any mods.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Nice work stack, but do you think you can give us some download links for older versions in the OP?
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

Y'all need to have a feture where you can setup a server
matthew0901
Deuced Up

StopSignal
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Best idea ever.
StopSignal

Best idea ever.
RyanK
Deuced Up

Awesome! It works totally Good! But it would be cool to have a built-in server list.Hopefully this will mean way more servers/players on 0.76!
Last edited by RyanK on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arszilla
Deuced Up

StackOverflow wrote:
Sonarpulse wrote:
  1. Yay!
  2. EVERYBODY GET ON 76 NOW!
  3. Source for mah linux?
  4. We need to compile tarballs of all past releases. Ah I see you can give it a MSI too.
Currently it is closed source. As for Linux compatibility I can't give any guarantees. There is one P/Invoke if I recall correctly, so that may be a problem. I can try to make it as mono-compliant as possible. Blue_BigSmile
[FF]Rambo wrote:
I bet you already thought of this, but did you ever think about adding the ability to use a mic in-game?
There are plently of third-party applications that allow you to do that, without bloating the protocol. For example, we have a community Mumble (mumble://mumble.buildandshoot.com:64738/?version=1.2.2).
Arszilla wrote:
thanks but how do i get my mods back? i lost them with this damn launcher
The launcher doesn't modify any mods.
Then no mods?
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

wait . will we still be able to mod? (as in scopes guns ect NOT HACKS).
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Yes you are still able to mod >_>
Arszilla
Deuced Up

HoboHob wrote:
then how? my mods arent working like my m4cabrine AR-15 spas-12
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

StackOverflow wrote:
That would be cool! I've given it my install directors in wine and mono, so that works. Configuration crashes it in mono, not sure if it does in wine. Haven't tried dispatch either as that never worked much. Never actually ran the same program in wine and mono back-to-back so that was sort of neat to compare.

Also on Windows I had to be an administrator to create a new installation via the msi. Doubt it is the case on Linux but haven't tried as I could just edit the configuration XML to add all my directories.

Also, you may want to consider just adding all folders within Game Installations automatically. On windows it doesn't make much of a difference but on Linux it seems redundant to symlink 'em in and edit the config.

I guess what I am mainly interested in source-wise is seeing if you and rakiru and collaborate with VoxelAuth. Also, if/when we do have a new game, some of his and your code will probably be worth reusing.
PABH
Deuced Up

Did you add a mouse sensitivity config for older versions which didn't have it?
If so, thank you.
Forever.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Arszilla wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
then how? my mods arent working like my m4cabrine AR-15 spas-12
Are you using the same version that you had those installed in?
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Sorry, It's not in 0.21 at least. Modifying the old games is quiet outside the scope of this launcher, at least it won't let you change the settings that don't apply to certain versions.
106 posts Page 2 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Official News”