Build and Shoot News Letter #3

Our latest need-to-know information.
40 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Thanks to FaultCheck for this issue's cover photo. Be sure to submit your artwork for next issue's cover photo below

Blue_Happy3 Build and Shoot Badges Green_Happy3

Congratulations to FaultCheck for winning the BnS badges competition. Big thanks to those who submitted entries and everyone who voted.

Here are samples of FaultCheck's winning style:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Click here to view the complete set of badges. The design will be tweaked a bit, so suggestions are welcome!

Blue_Sunglasses1 Build and Shoot Launcher Green_Sunglasses1
To be fully introduced and released in the near future, the Build and Shoot launcher is a new and exciting utility that will allow you to have multiple versions of Ace of Spades Classic installed on your computer. Click here to see more previews.

Blue_Spade Aloha BuildCon 2013 Green_Spade

The turnout for BuildCon 2013 was great! Many familiar and fresh faces showed up to express their creativity through in-game building. Thanks to Thelionmaster for planning the event, aloha.pk staff for keeping it playable, and all who participated. Here's the final result after about 10 hours:
Click here to view more images of the map. Video overview from Seal:
Download the map:
http://aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/buildcon2013.vxl
http://aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/buildcon2013.txt

Blue_Surprised2 Blood Shot Green_Surprised2
Blood Shot is a script written by BR, which shows blood splatter on the map when players get shot. Click here to view in-game screen shots. Try it out on a live server here: [url=aos://1379434439:37887]aos://1379434439:37887[/url].

Blue_Rifle Push Map Competition Green_Rifle

There is a map-making competition underway for the Push game mode! Make sure you submit your maps by the 17th of March. We setup a server with all the submissions so far up and running at [aos]aos://2686459584:32887[/aos]

At the time of this writing we have had two submissions, one from Gibbs3333 and one from STRIKE081:

Central Towers by STRIKE081:
Hardcore Ruins by Gibbs3333:

Blue_Pistol Fun Facts Green_Pistol2
  • The Iceball Project is our most discussed topic on the site and recently surpassed 1,000 posts.
  • We gained 1,000 more members since the last newsletter. Now have over 13,000 members!
  • The 0.75 vs. 1.0 player count gap is narrowing and 0.75 has surpassed 1.0 on occasion:

Thanks again to everyone that helped write this. And don't forget to submit your cover art for the fourth newletter below
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Really nice and minimalistic design on the launcher, looking forward to that.
Also, a shame that I couldn't attend the buildcon, it looks really impressive. Hope that'll happen again some time.
Rydogger
Deuced Up

Sweet, they used my photo! Now I feel like Im a part of something.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

I'm making another map for the competition so look out for that! It should be done in the next 3-4 days. Green_Sunglasses1
Turner
Deuced Up

The launcher looks amazing!
KomradeKorakoff
League Champs
League Champs

Suggestion for the launcher: Remove the "show news" function and set it to off/false, as I don't think it works anymore with the old website being gone, and is pretty much obsolete because of that.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

KomradeKorakoff wrote:
Suggestion for the launcher: Remove the "show news" function and set it to off/false, as I don't think it works anymore with the old website being gone, and is pretty much obsolete because of that.
Already done Blue_Sunglasses1. That's an old picture of the launcher.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Every thing seems good I am just a bit mad I wasn't there to help make it but thats ok. Stack, the launcher should be a launcher in the sense that spadlle was a launcher. Instead of it launching the server page in your browser it should be on the launcher itself. This way in the future we can have more features like the clans and friends systems we were talking about earlier.
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

woohoo to 13,000!!! awesome news post!

Game launcher is looking sweet stack! keep it up!
legende00
Deuce

the Event were really awesome...you admins should do more events like that :) - maybe 1-2 hours earlier :D
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

oh and by the way, I really like the custom bns newsletter art. Maybe it could be a mini-comp for people to send in their own art and the best one would get chosen.
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

FaultCheck wrote:
woohoo to 13,000!!! awesome news post!

Game launcher is looking sweet stack! keep it up!
Your pic for News is awesome, and your bagdes are super super super awesome Blue_Smiling

Great news, nice launcher, nice events, nice script; it's going good for B&S
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

Silnius wrote:
Your pic for News is awesome, and your bagdes are super super super awesome Blue_Smiling
Thanks Sil! =D

New Submission for News #4 =D
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Wow faultcheck. That is actually very very good.
Keep it up. Green_BigSmile
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Anyone can create there own News pictures so send them in so we can use them! Green_BigSmile
40 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Official News”