Build and Shoot News #2

Our latest need-to-know information.
50 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

This is our second issue of the newsletter and our first issue with the News Team helping write and edit. So far the team is jdrew, matthew0901, Silnius, STRIKE081, topo, and v^3. A very diverse, maybe even controversial, motley crew of deuces.

Blue_Rifle Indie Projects Green_Rifle
As you may have noticed, we've added a new forum section: Indie Projects. This section exists to highlight and advertise some of the great work that is being undertaken by members of the community. Go check them out!

Blue_Surprised2 Badges Green_Surprised2
We are very excited by all the feedback we've received about the soon-to-come badges. For those of you who don't know, badges are small images that will be displayed next to each post of the people they're awarded to. They are intended to commend the outstanding work that the community has put into bettering this game. Several members of the community have already created and offered their own sets of badges for us to use, but we can't decide what to go with; you'll have to help us by voting!

The badge names we are looking for are:
  • • Artist
    • Mapper
    • Modder
    • Scripter
    • Organizer
    • Dreamer
    • Admin
    • Global Moderator
    • Server Hoster
    • Veteran Staff
Here are the badges that you can vote on so far:

MKU: Sonarpulse:
  • v1Image(This is just a template)
Tank: TorchOF: It's not too late to make your own badges! Make sure you have at least one of each badge type from the above list. Post them here. We will be accepting badges until March 3rd, 2013.

You can read more about the badges here: http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1921

Blue_Wink1 Coming Soon Green_Wink1
Buckle up everyone, we're going to be hosting more events. Not only in-game events; we'll be having themed mapping and modding contests, pyspades script challenges and a game jam or two. Be sure to stick around and sign up for them! We want your feedback: have you come up with any game modes you'd like to see? What do you think would make a good theme for a map/mod making contest? Is something broken or you would like to see something added server-side?

Blue_Tongue Fun Facts Green_tongue
• We've recently surpassed 12 000 users on the forums!
• We set a new record for most players simultaneously in-game: 1000 players!

Blue_Spade Maps Green_Spade
Operation Métro
Gibbs3333 wrote:
"Operation Métro", inspired by the environment of Battlefield 3. There are two subways and different levels to rise to the surface even if the exits are blocked because of landslides and multiple attacks land surface. You are trapped in the metro where you will fight the enemy in intense melee combat.

BattleFarm
Gibbs3333 wrote:
BattleFarm inspired by the season 2 of the series The Walking Dead. It's a very nice farm with fields and a hangar with a little tractor and lot of trees. It can be played in Capture The Flag, Zombies, Team DeathMatch or Infiltration why not

Blue_Surprised2 Player Count Graph Green_Surprised2

Interested in how Build and Shoot is matching up to Jagex's Ace of Spades? Well now you can with the help of a graph showing both player counts in .75 and in 1.0. Many thanks to rakiru for putting this together!
Click here to check the graph out!

Blue_Pistol Push Green_Pistol2
For all you Push fans out there, don't worry! We are still working on fixing and tweaking the game-mode. We're planning on only allowing players to place blocks of their own team's colours. An attempt to place a block that is not of your team's colour will result in the server randomly picking the block's colour from the eight that you can choose. This will allow us to easily determine which team places which blocks; the green team will be able to break the blue blocks and the blue team the green blocks.

These are the colours that can be placed by each team.

We want your feedback! What do you think about this change? If you're a code-y kinda person, we'd like your help! If you're willing to offer it, post a comment. Green_Happy1

Lastly, this issue's cover photo was created by STRIKE081. I would like to see a custom cover photo for every issue of the newsletter; it could be anything related to Build and Shoot/Ace of Spades, as long as it includes the name of the newsletter and the issue number somewhere visible. For example, a babel tower with the title "BnS Newsletter #3". Submit your ideas for the cover photo below and if you have any cool or creative names for the newsletter share them with us in the comments too. I would like to thank the news team for helping write this newsletter!

Stay tuned for more news!
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

looks great
danhezee

Dont forget to make custom artwork for the next newsletter's cover photo.
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

don't like the block colour thingy on push. what if i want to block up a tunnel i made or a hole in the pyramid and it ends up being blue/green. it's like 1.0 aos, there's no stealth when it comes to blocking up your hideyholes.
danhezee

Let's test it out and see how it work with the limited block colors. But you do raise a valid point.
Sponge
Deuced Up

I like TorchOF's scipter badge the best.

I agree with CraftDinur on the colored blocks, Ace of Spades isn't really a mindless shooter, tactics do come into play. A good hiding spot never fails to get a bunch of kills in.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Oh cool, I didn't know that people were really making new maps these days.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

We need a veteran badge!
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Ha our news actually looks good!
TheVetNoob
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

MKU's version 2 looks really nice to my eyes.
Andres
Deuce

Any ETA on when older versions, like .35, will be supported?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Andres wrote:
Stack is making a launcher that will automatically select the version files for the server, I can't say when it will be fully developed so just expect it soon. It already worked for .75 and .76 for me so least we know its coming.
Andres
Deuce

jdrew wrote:
Andres wrote:
Stack is making a launcher that will automatically select the version files for the server, I can't say when it will be fully developed so just expect it soon. It already worked for .75 and .76 for me so least we know its coming.
I already knew that, that's the reason why I was asking about for the time frame or if there's even a time frame.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Right now there is no timeframe so we'll let you know when it's up.
Andres
Deuce

STRIKE081 wrote:
Right now there is no timeframe so we'll let you know when it's up.
Thank you, I know that there is a large group of people, including myself, who are looking forward to this.
50 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Official News”