Newsletter #41: Happy 5 Year Anniversary Ace of Spades!

Our latest need-to-know information.
139 posts Page 7 of 10 First unread post
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

:BuildAndShoot:

Blue still master race !

Blue_Surprise_For_Green
SirTEPL
Deuce

Five years nice!

I first played the Jagex version of Ace of Spades when it came out on steam and only just now come to B&S.

I far love the classic and OpenSpades over jagex's version but sad to see the little to none development on the projects here.

Been working on setting up 1 or more Australian servers of.75 since there are none on the list but not sure right now.

Was looking around for a few hours for a place to donate to the project but I guess since there are a bunch of different projects aiming for the same cause there isn't really just 1 to donate too or even donation pages at all.

I would be more than happy to host several Australian servers in the future but not 100% sure until there is some more development.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

SirTEPL wrote:
Five years nice!

I first played the Jagex version of Ace of Spades when it came out on steam and only just now come to B&S.

I far love the classic and OpenSpades over jagex's version but sad to see the little to none development on the projects here.

Been working on setting up 1 or more Australian servers of.75 since there are none on the list but not sure right now.

Was looking around for a few hours for a place to donate to the project but I guess since there are a bunch of different projects aiming for the same cause there isn't really just 1 to donate too or even donation pages at all.

I would be more than happy to host several Australian servers in the future but not 100% sure until there is some more development.
There were many projects and ideas to improve the .75 and .76 versions but there were people who wanted different gameplay features to update and nobody really agreed on one version of the 'new Aos'
Also, I read something about a missing or incomplete source code, and not sure if that is still an issue.

The only project that some people really work at is the one that's being discussed in What Can We do topic. I'd suggest you to talk with people like Chameleon, longbyte1 and Lecom that put their effort in making new and improved version of Aos. I forgot to mention Warp and bloodfox.
They have some playable version but they have not released it yet.
Last edited by Dare on Mon May 30, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

and me
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

You might as well mention Warp, he did just as much work as my.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Ok, added Warp and bloodfox.
By the way, Chameleon or someone else from game dev team, could you post some pictures from the game on the forum pages? (Maybe you could create a new topic with announcements about the game)
I know you have (or had) the Google document, but a new topic would be more visible for people who browse these pages.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I can post some UI designs I have coming up ^-^
just the matter of me getting off of my ass and implimenting them or lecum could do it idk.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Why is ammo on the left side, all games have it on right side
Why does it show nades and ammo count together
Is that a cross on right side
Is that a crosshair
Eeeeewww
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

all disgusting
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Chameleon wrote:
Why is ammo on the left side, all games have it on right side
Why does it show nades and ammo count together
Is that a cross on right side
Is that a crosshair
Eeeeewww
>first world problem. Fuck off
>that nade counter is outdated. Forgot to update it as we don't need a nade counter.
>no
>fuck off
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

standards are first world problem lmao
r u making this game for third world brs again or what
LeCom

Are you all mentally challenged or why did you not see http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php? ... =1035#wrap (includes screens for you to fap to)
And periodfux you retard you didn't tell me your gui design sucks even though you know I don't give a fuck about shit like ui

ps the cross thingy is for selecting colors but it doesn't look as gay and scientologist as in his pic
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

"I can post some UI designs I have coming up ^-^"
longbyte1
Deuced Up

designs are garbage if you can't code garbage™
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

show me that sweet ui design with ammo counter in the middle and health in top left
139 posts Page 7 of 10 First unread post
Return to “Official News”