Newsletter #41: Happy 5 Year Anniversary Ace of Spades!

Our latest need-to-know information.
139 posts Page 3 of 10 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Agreed. +1

I want the old admins and players back on here and let's develop something together. :)
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

very good
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

So all the people from 2012 are coming out of the woodwork? Good stuff 10/10 would AoS again.

And if you are reviving BnS, how are you going to move on from a client/protocol that's 4+ years old?
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

Warp wrote:
So all the people from 2012 are coming out of the woodwork? Good stuff 10/10 would AoS again.

And if you are reviving BnS, how are you going to move on from a client/protocol that's 4+ years old?
thought of the same thing right now:
reviving a nearly dead game is gonna be almost impossible unless you update the client/gamemodes somehow, updating games is what makes them interesting and fun to play, just sticking to 0.75 won't help at all and players will get bored really quick and therefore quit, we can't just hope to get this game revived while everything being the same, there has to be some sorts of updates or anything.
I don't care how Stack and the other admins are gonna try reviving this game, but i know that they can do it somehow
i don't know what i am saying jesus christ
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

If we just need something "new", perhaps BnS can officially start supporting some older AoS version (along with the newer ones), especially 0.5x. Running around on the classic map with rifles was really fun and I think that can bring in some more people into this game. Maybe an official BnS event?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

And maybe promote 0.76?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well it's nice to see something going on and something starting anew.

Discussing the future of the game we like... OpenSpades needs a lot of polishing, plus it's Software renderer is quite mistreated and slow. So I don't see it as having long&good future. I don't want to speculate too much, as the new project (we don't even have a proper name) is in it's baby steps. Sooo I'll just say that we aim for a bit more strategy/teamwork, less shooting.
Last edited by Chameleon on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

bloodfox wrote:
And maybe promote 0.76?
we are trying to revive the game and not kill it i'm kidding don't kill me
what if someone actually hosted a 0.76 server and people played on it? when i used to play 0.76 was used for leagues and other matches so using it for just casual play would be a good start i guess, but instantly switching to it would mean the death to this game(not saying you said it i am just stating a possible outcome if this happens)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well, idk why, I was afraid for a long time to admit that 0.76 crashed on my singlecore i4 2.4GHz when switching weapons.
So I admit that now and say that 0.76 doesn't fix the game like it should be fixed.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

definitely not would we force everyone to convert to 0.76 that will be the death of AoS.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Wait why is everyone back all of a sudden
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Because we all were secretly lurking around waiting for the next newsletter.

I don't see why we have to force everyone to use just a single version. 0.76 can be promoted along with other versions/variants.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

Kuma wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Because we all were secretly lurking around waiting for the next newsletter.

I don't see why we have to force everyone to use just a single version. 0.76 can be promoted along with other versions/variants.
i never said that we have to force, i was just stating the outcome of what might happen if we do, i am against it obviously and i was just saying it because there's other people that probably think in a other way, for example just shutting off the 0.75 server list and then only hosting 0.76 servers
i never meant it in any way that we force everyone to play 0.76 only and as i said, trying to slowly expand to 0.76 would help
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

1shot, read the letter and everything else in this topic and you'll understand.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

1Shot totally jumped onto the 'leaving' bandwagon and is about to jump onto the 'coming back' bandwagon, isn't he.
139 posts Page 3 of 10 First unread post
Return to “Official News”