Modernizing the AoS trailer videos

Our latest need-to-know information.
58 posts Page 2 of 4
T3ER
Deuced Up
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm


Hmmm. I might try but it really depends of my pc if it can record 720p and almost full settings on openspades.
PS. I use Overwolf's recorder(Overwolf is app which runs inside of your game and you can use its many different app in game like recording app) because its 100% free and actually not laggy on my pc.
Another good recording program is Dxstory and it costs some money but is really one of the most lag free recording programs out there with right codec.
T3ER
Deuced Up
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm


Here's the finaly Openspades trailer. Sorry but i can't make AoS classic and Openspades trailer because i have widows 8.1 which has lag bug. Nope, the win 8 fix didn't help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNAtis ... e=youtu.be

Any feedback would be nice.
Chicken
Deuce
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 am


What about you make a server (TDM) so that I can actually MAKE one.

EDIT: A really popular one like that anal nuketown server? Like, 10-15 players?
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 am


Chicken wrote:
What about you make a server (TDM) so that I can actually MAKE one.

EDIT: A really popular one like that anal nuketown server? Like, 10-15 players?
Good point. But players probably would like more a video of arena on hallway. Not even sure if there's still sense in posting in this thread...
Chicken
Deuce
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 am


Here's my AoS Classic Trailer:

http://youtu.be/izEOvi2DjmQ
Tai
Deuced Up
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm


mrpoolaap wrote:
I think this is a nice idea, yet I'm a little worried about OS footage dominating all of the trailers. Ghraphically and UI wise, it's still a lot different from the real, original AoS. Also, since the original AoS was built to be able to be ran on a grandma's rig, I think potentially new players' expectations could be crushed when they get find out OS isn't built for a grandma's rig. (looking at the average internet browser who wants to play a game and doesn't bother about requirements and such).

My sentence building might be a bit weird or vague but I hope you'll get my drift.
Still, it's a good idea, good luck to the people making trailers!
I haven't tried OS in a while but my rig is from like 2006 and still ran it. Was the difference really that large? To be honest I just didn't play it because I didn't like the graphics. Blue_Septic
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm


All right, I will make a trailer for OS... Any suggestions for music though?
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am


onigiri wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GOrVYQhOXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWNYtJJvb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDFawij1sc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVg6FuhZ84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRQiQqB2ys

I hope this will help.


Green_tongue
wow ONGIRI im always excited about your work, nice job ;)

bloodfox wrote:
All right, I will make a trailer for OS... Any suggestions for music though?
nothing too mainstream, i think this is helpful enough tho :P
MuffinTastic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:20 am


onigiri wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GOrVYQhOXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWNYtJJvb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDFawij1sc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVg6FuhZ84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRQiQqB2ys

I hope this will help.


Green_tongue
OMG IM FAMOUS @ FIRST VID
YAY :P
bloodfox wrote:
All right, I will make a trailer for OS... Any suggestions for music though?
Sarude - Dandstorm
onigiri
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 am


MuffinTastic wrote:

OMG IM FAMOUS @ FIRST VID
YAY :P
Oh, really? Green_Surprised2
  I'm glad you look it.  Green_Happy3
That tower was beyond the imagination....!
PoodGaming
Deuce
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:12 am


Yes.we Sould Do The trailer Or You Sould Do The Trailer?
Evergreen
Deuced Up
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 am


I don't have the capabilities to record or edit a video myself, but I have a huge tip for those making videos.

PLEASE please please turn off your GUI. In OpenSpades especially, there are easy ways to hide all the GUI. I get wanting to show what it looks like in game, but for the sake of the video it's more attractive to simply show off the gameplay without all those distracting names and numbers and chat and killfeed. With the GUI off, viewers get just the ingame experience and nothing else
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm


Evergreen wrote:
I don't have the capabilities to record or edit a video myself, but I have a huge tip for those making videos.

PLEASE please please turn off your GUI. In OpenSpades especially, there are easy ways to hide all the GUI. I get wanting to show what it looks like in game, but for the sake of the video it's more attractive to simply show off the gameplay without all those distracting names and numbers and chat and killfeed. With the GUI off, viewers get just the ingame experience and nothing else
Also, I need to keep ALL of the default weapons etc.
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm


Initially i wanted to make a trailer, but then i had some other ideas, so it might not be a thorough trailer now, but should be fun to watch anyway Blue_BigSmile

Blue Story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh1QWy3MF7Q

Stay tuned for the upcoming Green Story Green_tongue
58 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Official News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests