189 posts Page 9 of 13 First unread post
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

give
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

I haven't been around forever, but definitely has been a good while. I want to say somewhere around two and a half years.
GamingFTW
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

*Old man voice* Ehhhh I'M STILL ALIVE!!! Maybe... Been a great time...
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

The history of AoS and B&S was a very interesting read and filled in a lot of the blanks for me regarding the split. Thanks for posting it, Dan.
GoDucks
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

i have been for 2 yrs like Peanut and its been great hope Ace of Spades will make it to 10 yrs Good Luck!!!
Eraaaaz
League Participant
League Participant

Was a nice replay of what happened in the past 3 years, even though it feels like I started playing yesterday. Time just passes quickly. (playing since Nov. 2011)
Xaps
League Participant
League Participant

awesome story o: now fri badge pl0x xD
A. Soldier
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

You know what? I just realized what a sad story this game has. You know, it's really, really sad when you really think about it, I mean, a game that was free, was sooo simple, simple enough for your grandma's old toaster to run, community run, player run, by the community, for the community, and now look at it... I mean, I am ashamed, when I mention the game "Ace of Spades" to somebody, they generally say "You mean that blocky TF2 rip-off?" and I correct them, and redirect them to this website, and tell them, all about the story of the game, how it survived until now, how it's community survived, and how is it still surviving and raising from the ruins and ashes, and I tell them how much fun I had in the game, stories of friendship, teamwork, coordinated assaults, flanks, heroic defenses, forts made for use that no minecrafter has ever imagined of making and most importantly using, towers that reach the sky box, hell, even the clouds, tunnels, trenches, life savers. And you know what? I probably have half of my class hooked on this game, a few old veteran guys I know from a very old game known as "Battlefield 1942", a few guys from xfire, a few guys from my steam, and a few guys on facebook, and you know what? They said that until I told them of this website and the old beta AoS, the only AoS they knew was that 10 dollar pile of half assed money laying on steam sales. I am glad to say I play this game, and I am even more honored of playing it, with people from this community, and I want to thank my brony friend from BF42 for showing me this game, but to be honest at first I wasn't very interested in it, he told me all about it on skype, at first I didn't listen but after he reminded me I figured why not check it out, and I am glad I did, I joined at 0.75, too bad that's considered the end of the game, anyways, after a week or 2 playing the game, I started using skins for the game, and even started modding, and that helped me pick up where I left my imagination at minecraft, hell, that's where I recruited 2 of my friends to play the game, but they lost interest after a few weeks of constant play, but at least they said it was a hell of fun and they were waiting for some updates or something because it was getting too repetitive for them, guess they haven't touched it from since, but I'll make sure to tell them about OpenSpades, they might like it better, but tbh I really wasn't a fan of voxel graphics, thanks to OpenSpades that changed, including alot of other things. I would just like to say thank you to Ben, to the admins of this website and to people like yvt who are trying to find out other ways to play the game, the indie game industry needs more people and more communities like this one.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

tl;dr
$oldierboy wrote:
my brony friend
cough
$oldierboy wrote:
the indie game industry needs more communities like this one.
Because there already aren't enough vlads, polaks, boombears and brazilians everywhere.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

Fleischgeruch wrote:
$oldierboy wrote:
the indie game industry needs more communities like this one.
Because there already aren't enough vlads, polaks, boombears, jdrews and brazilians everywhere.
ftfy
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

every community has its trolls
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

Jdrew wrote:
wassup, jk im not really a troll
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

pedroelrapist wrote:
Jdrew wrote:
wassup, jk im not really a troll
Yes, pedro can actually be (surprisingly) mature and helpful when he tries...
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

I joined buildandshoot around march, but I was playing AoS from around 0.60.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

0.21 vets raise 'yo hands \o/
189 posts Page 9 of 13 First unread post
Return to “Official News”