Getting started: PySnip/pyspades server software

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
63 posts Page 4 of 5 First unread post
ShadowHKraft
Deuce

The only two things that are different from Nuvolkinton is the aos://# (obviously lol) :32887 (port is the same though) and I put the subscribe bans set to false. That is why it doesn't come in the cmd prompt. I'm running the newest PySnip 8a845b0a4322-075.zip. (edited 11:05 PM 9/7/2014)

I would appreciate help on this or any explanation of what I may have done wrong. Thank you.
shaz

ShadowHKraft wrote:
The only two things that are different from Nuvolkinton is the aos://# (obviously lol) :32887 (port is the same though) and I put the subscribe bans set to false. That is why it doesn't come in the cmd prompt. I'm running the newest PySnip 8a845b0a4322-075.zip. (edited 11:05 PM 9/7/2014)

I would appreciate help on this or any explanation of what I may have done wrong. Thank you.

I don't understand what you're asking.
LeCom

A page back, this nuvowhatever said that he couldn't connect to his own server. The usual problem, check your firewall and port forward your router.
ShadowHKraft
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
A page back, this nuvowhatever said that he couldn't connect to his own server. The usual problem, check your firewall and port forward your router.
He couldn't connect to his server because his server wasn't running/connected to the buildandshoot server which is the same problem I'm encountering. Shaz, sorry I used two different posts but there both together. My second post just gives some information about my situation (personally). I port forwarded correctly and my firewall isn't blocking it. I have read a lot of posts from other people in this discussion and that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's not on my end. I have checked everything on my end that could be wrong and I have it *allowed through my firewall and port forwarded correctly.

App name: AoS Server (doesn't matter what name is) Start Port: 32887 End Port: 32887
Protocol: UDP Device IP# (matches my IPv4) Enabled True.

So again what seems to be the problem? Other than what everyone seems to post, port forward or firewall. I would really like an admin to respond.
shaz

So what error exactly are you receiving?
ShadowHKraft
Deuce

Shaz wrote:
So what error exactly are you receiving?
It's in my first post on the bottom of the third page. The quoted part from Nuvolkinton. I'm getting the same one that he posted. Here it is though...

[HTTPPageGetter,client] Stopping factory <HTTPClientFactory: http://services.buildandshoot.com/getip>
LeCom

As far as I remember, this is a normal thing and doesn't indicate any error if you receive an IP to connect to.
If you can't connect to the master server, it's either a problem with it, or with the connection. There was a case when it was even possible for players to connect to a guy's server, but he still couldn't connect to the master server. But usually, it's possible to connect to the master server without port forwarding or similar.
If nobody can connect to your server, it's a problem with your net/hardware.
shaz

Basically what LeCom's said. Have you checked if it appears on the Master server?
ShadowHKraft
Deuce

Shaz wrote:
Basically what LeCom's said. Have you checked if it appears on the Master server?
Ok I tried it again and now it's showing up in the server list. Sorry for any confusion but it seems to be working now.

It is still showing the "[HTTPPageGetter,client] Stopping factory <HTTPPClientFactory: http://services.buildandshoot.com/getip>" post in the command prompt. Although, as long as I can connect to the server I'm fine :). Thanks you all for the help.

Out of curiosity, does that post above that I'm getting in the command prompt have any significance for anything? I'm just curious what it's meant for or meaning when it shows that.
shaz

I believe it's what checks the host's IP, also what they can use to block/blacklist servers. Once it's verified the connection is stopped.
ShadowHKraft
Deuce

Ok thank you.
G0ldking2000
Deuce

hi :)... I have the same problem I tried what thepolm said but it won't work!
TheAncientSlime
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

i Cant Connect to mine
is it necessary that i fill in "network_interface"
bicefalo
Deuce

How can I create a build server?¡
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

you can start learning from here Supercool