New server

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
LarBob
Deuce

I have a server running that I just use to host a mirror for Debian so I figured I might as well use some of the idle resources to host a server for the game I played a lot in my younger years. The server is "larbob.org 24/7 classic maps" (aos://3305997386:32887). I'm hosting it on a server with 2 Xeons and ~192 GB of RAM so the game should run reasonably well. Green_tongue

By classic maps I mean the maps that I really enjoyed playing a few years ago + some maps that I think are really cool/well designed, so the rotation is currently: anticbridge, bridgewars, hallway, normandie, trenches, towerwars, latticebridge, capitol, realisticbridge, hallpoint. The cap limit is currently set to 5, open to suggestions on that.

I'm currently using PySnip (is the new piqueserver better) and am open to suggestions in terms of maps/scrips/etc. Thanks all.
Last edited by LarBob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notafile
Deuced Up

> is the new piqueserver better

I'd say yes, at a minimum because it's still getting updates and has pre-built packages.
LarBob
Deuce

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 amnotafile wrote:
> is the new piqueserver better

I'd say yes, at a minimum because it's still getting updates and has pre-built packages.
Okay, I might migrate to it at some point.
On another note, I have changed the map rotation to anticbridge, bridgewars, hallway, normandie, trenches, towerwars, latticebridge, capitol, realisticbridge, and hallpoint.
LarBob
Deuce

Have now moved to piqueserver and changed name to "larbob.org 24/7"
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Green_Sunglasses1
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Servers”