Randoms Can Join my "Private" Server

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Snowy Fox
Deuce

So, in PySnip's config.txt, according to the getting started guide, setting "master" to false should effectively be setting the server to "private." However, random players are still getting in. One was polite enough to answer when I asked if he could see my server in the server list, and he indeed could. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do to make my server private?
notafile
Deuced Up

Did you restart the server?

If you had set the Server to private recently it might still appear on the list for some short time.
bradley
Deuce

i have my server set to private most of the times and the server does show on the server list on build and shoot but players cant join unless they connect via set ip ports, i would say if its set to private and people can still join then something may not be set up right
Snowy Fox
Deuce

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:02 amnotafile wrote:
If you had set the Server to private recently it might still appear on the list for some short time.
This may be what was happening. Sometimes randoms seem to be able to join, then for long stretches I don't see any. For now, I'll assume that what you suggested is what's causing it, and that as long as I leave Master set to false, it should remain random-free. ^^

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 pmbradley wrote:
i would say if its set to private and people can still join then something may not be set up right
Having started from the default config.txt twice, one originating from the Build&Shoot site and one from JestServers, I'm pretty sure something's not set up right by default. Still, as mentioned above, as long as I leave it alone, it seems like randoms stop appearing.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Servers”