[HELP]Open Spades Lan Server

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Seanson
Deuce

I hate to have my first post requesting help, but I can't find any information on making a LAN server. There was a post made earlier but its a little old and the link that posted that solved the issue was dead.
If anyone knows how to make a LAN only server or can explain some of the less obvious items in the config that would be great(1).

As of now, I broke my config file and when I use the .exe to start the server it just flashes and then closes.(2)

I'm hosting this at my school for Relay For Life in a few months so its for a good cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Updates:
1) https://code.google.com/p/pysnip/wiki/ConfigDotTxt
2) Fixed my config, was missing some commas after I added extras.
-Using the BAT launcher allows you to read the errors.
3) If I make the server public, I crash halfway through the snapshot download.
4) Changing Team 1's name to anything makes Team 2 blank(unless its called "Green")
5) Changing Team 2's name to anything but "Green" causes the snapshot download crash
Last edited by Seanson on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

If you're running it at school, make sure it doesn't have any firewall/filter doing anything to PySnip/blocking ports/connections.

Just a thought- good luck!
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Seanson wrote:
Are you able to connect to it using localhost? [url]aos://16777343[/url]
Seanson
Deuce

Warp wrote:
If you're running it at school, make sure it doesn't have any firewall/filter doing anything to PySnip/blocking ports/connections.

Just a thought- good luck!
Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to test it in my school once I get either mode working.

IAmYourFriend wrote:
Seanson wrote:
Are you able to connect to it using localhost? [url]aos://16777343[/url]
It doesn't connect and gives the reason: "unknown reason".

If I try and join through the server list it will crash about 1/3 the way through the snapshot download. I have a few crash.dmp files but I have windows 7 and its a tad too difficult to read them.
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Well in any case you still have this http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10937 , if you failed setting it up on your school
LeCom

Really, if you have so much trouble connecting, try AoS, even if you actually want openspades. Then write how it worked.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

If you want more help, feel free to PM me. No expert, but have been learning abt servers recently so might be able to help. :)
connormason10
Deuce

Ask an official at your school to make an exception for the server and run it as admin.
after that just make whoever is playing is connecting through localhost.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Servers”