pysnip on mac osx

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
shywolf91
Deuced Up

I am trying to set up a private server on my macbook pro. I got everything installed and can run it with the default config file and when I turn off master but when I try to change irc to true and put my channel I get an error.

Normal output: (default and master off)

sh run_server.sh
(creating config.txt from config.txt.default)
('from' command disabled - missing pygeoip)
2014-11-06 15:14:43-0800 [-] Log opened.
2014-11-06 15:14:43-0800 [-] Generating map 'classicgen #1585161668'...
2014-11-06 15:14:45-0800 [-] Map loaded successfully.
2014-11-06 15:14:46-0800 [-] Started server...
2014-11-06 15:14:46-0800 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Server identifier is aos://x
2014-11-06 15:14:46-0800 [-] Master connection established.

After changing irc information:
sh run_server.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "run.py", line 33, in <module>
config = json.load(open(name, 'rb'))
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 290, in load
**kw)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 365, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Did you download GeoLiteCity.dat?
shywolf91
Deuced Up

Lincent wrote:
Did you download GeoLiteCity.dat?
I've don't think i've ever downloaded that before.

I don't get errors when I set irc and master to true/false but get the error when I change the server channel and/or password.

I currently have a working server on my windows desktop and don't believe I downloaded the geolitecity.dat. My irc settings are the same as the settings on my windows server config file.
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon

No, PySnip works fine without GeoLiteCity.dat
Some other guy posted the same problem in the scripts section a few days ago. You did a mistake while editing the config.txt (too few or too many symbols at the wrong positions)
If you fail fixing it, try the config.txt.default
shywolf91
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Some other guy posted the same problem in the scripts section a few days ago. You did a mistake while editing the config.txt (too few or too many symbols at the wrong positions)
Thanks not sure where I made a mistake. I copied the code from my config file on my server installation on my pc and it works.

The error seems to occur if I try to change the #Channel and password on the config file. I made sure the format was the same but the error occurs only when I try changing it.

I found the issue. my mac text editor uses these "" (”) that appear to cause issues.
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon

shywolf91 wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Thanks not sure where I made a mistake. I copied the code from my config file on my server installation on my pc and it works.

The error seems to occur if I try to change the #Channel and password on the config file. I made sure the format was the same but the error occurs only when I try changing it.

I found the issue. my mac text editor uses these "" (”) that appear to cause issues.
Pro tip: get a PC that isn't mac ;)
shywolf91
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
shywolf91 wrote:
LeCom wrote:

Pro tip: get a PC that isn't mac ;)
I do have a pc but I love the mac operating system. I also have a linux computer.

My mac is my daily(school) computer and my pc desktop is my dedicated gaming machine.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

why are you playing games at school
just pay attention
fucks sake

if you're not, then why not just use your gaming rig
shywolf91
Deuced Up

Zekamalikyd wrote:
why are you playing games at school
just pay attention
fucks sake

if you're not, then why not just use your gaming rig
I do pay attention. I take some challenging classes to (multivariable calculus, organic chemistry ,etc). I'm in college so I have some free time to relax so I use my mac to pass the time. I'm not like a couple people in my class that watch baseball on their laptops during class.

Back on topic: my issue was fixed so thank-you for helping me.
lucygp

I'm in college so I have some free time to relax