Announcing our free, quick & easy custom server creator

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
115 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Now you can create your own, self-moderated custom game environment with just a few mouse clicks by using our free, automated server creation and hosting service, developed by community member IAmYourFriend.

Simply visit http://hosting.buildandshoot.com and select your preferred server location, game mode, map, and miscellaneous options such as capture limit and respawn time. When finished, a server will be automagically created and hosted just for you! No technical setup and resources necessary.

Perfect for pick-up games (PUGs), clan training/practices and matches, events, testing purposes, private parties, and of course public games.

Servers created by this service are temporary. Any server that remains unpopulated for a period of time will be terminated automatically.

Hosting resources are provided by trusted members of the community.

Please keep in mind that this service is currently in a beta/testing phase. Suggestions are welcome.

Have fun!
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Is pinpoint included yet?
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

this is really cool, I might host a server with it for some friends and I later this week. thanks a lot dudes
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

You should put this in the navigation bar, make it say something like "host a server for free, no setup required". It would make the site look more user friendly to new players.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Custom map uploads are coming soon, Monstarules.
DanielG129
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Although I've never played in an event, this sounds like it will do wonders for the community once it's fully developed. IAmYourFriend really deserves a pat on the back for creating this. This should be adapted for openspades when it becomes its own game.
[DI]Dwin
League Champs
League Champs

You know , there is already a link to create his own server : http://sauerkraut.bplaced.net/en/custom.php
But gg to IAMYourFriend.
Also , i hope you will add some script , maps and something to change the server's name ... :/
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

This is pretty cool.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

scrawl wrote:
This is pretty cool.
onigiri
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Green_Surprised2 Wow! It's Great! I am very happy Green_Happy3
Thanks you !
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

[DI]Dwin wrote:
You know , there is already a link to create his own server : http://sauerkraut.bplaced.net/en/custom.php
But gg to IAMYourFriend.
Also , i hope you will add some script , maps and something to change the server's name ... :/
read carefully dude
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

As already mentioned, the next upcoming feature will be to allow map uploads, so the map choice will not be limited to the preselectable maps only.
For those preselectable maps, here's an overview showing what is available: http://hosting.buildandshoot.com/maps/
mubou
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

This is really good job.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

izzy wrote:
Now you can create your own, self-moderated custom game environment with just a few mouse clicks by using our free, automated server creation and hosting service, developed by community member IAmYourFriend.

Simply visit http://hosting.buildandshoot.com and select your preferred server location, game mode, map, and miscellaneous options such as capture limit and respawn time. When finished, a server will be automagically created and hosted just for you! No technical setup and resources necessary.

Perfect for pick-up games (PUGs), clan training/practices and matches, events, testing purposes, private parties, and of course public games.

Servers created by this service are temporary. Any server that remains unpopulated for a period of time will be terminated automatically.

Hosting resources are provided by trusted members of the community.

Please keep in mind that this service is currently in a beta/testing phase. Suggestions are welcome.

Have fun!
Oh boy...My clan REALLY needs to see this shit o_o
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Some feedback.

I set one of these up for the LINESPQR vs Forums event yesterday. Overall the server was fantastic, but I do have some minor points of contention.

More commands
When setting up a game it's notoriously difficult to ensure people are following the rules. For these reasons I think providing access to /togglekill, /togglebuild and /time or /timer (have a look at the league stuff) is essential. Perhaps you could even integrate some of the league match scripts, so that users of these servers would not be liable to create a server, toggle killing and building and then leave it on - it would turn killng and building back on (or off?) automatically following the conclusion of the match. /time is a simple command and allows the server operator to set a time limit for their game. Alternatively, this could be added as a configurable option when launching the server - the server could either shut down, advance to a new map or simply reset the current map upon finishing the match.

Thanks!
115 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Servers”