Bans and Crap

Prove your innocence or apologize for your behavior.
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Poorsoft
Deuce

First off, not sure if this is in the right section but here goes. (I was attempting to contact the admin of the server; unfortunately couldn't find their contacts)
---> who if anyone can help, it's a New Zealand server. "Mj's 24/7 Team Deathmatch (TDM)"

What I'm slightly annoyed at is how people misuse the votekicking system in this way. Twice I've already borne the brunt of these kicks, I'm afraid the next time I'll receive a permaban for no reason. And so many times to date, I've seen this happen to other people.

So.. apart from asking for an unban and crap like that, I'm also curious as to whether there are implementations in place to counter this kind of abuse. Or is there not?

(see the photos from bottom-to-top, ahaha)
Thanks Blue_Septic
Attachments
aosvotekick3.png
And lastly.. while screenshotting the previous image, I appear to be banned :P
aosvotekick3.png (76.96 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
aosvotekick2.png
Next, they kick someone with the ban reason "32", probably hyphenated so as to say there was an inequality in teams: 3v2.
aosvotekick2.png (81.59 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
aosvotekick.png
The first photo depicts how these 2 players were forcing me onto a spectator team so they could play their 1v1.
aosvotekick.png (181.75 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

I'll assume that you live in Australia/New Zealand? Well, you'll have to cope with it, except for Aimpot Assault and Aloha servers(might be a few more), other servers are crap.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Someone should rename the thread to 'Butthurt case #204596'.
Easy solution: Use a different server. There will always be dumb kids who will call you a hacker for having a ratio higher than 3. Normal servers also have a trusted system which allows people to become immune to votekicks.
If it's the admins doing the abusing, tough luck. Admins of any server can do as they please because it is only their server. Don't like it, don't go on it. If they're terrible at being admins, they'll eventually realize it as their servers will have fewer and fewer players.
Poorsoft
Deuce

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Someone should rename the thread to 'Butthurt case #204596'.
Easy solution: Use a different server. There will always be dumb kids who will call you a hacker for having a ratio higher than 3. Normal servers also have a trusted system which allows people to become immune to votekicks.
If it's the admins doing the abusing, tough luck. Admins of any server can do as they please because it is only their server. Don't like it, don't go on it. If they're terrible at being admins, they'll eventually realize it as their servers will have fewer and fewer players.
Hahaha not quite, though I'm sure I'm just like countless many. I'm just kind of concerned at seeing the number of users being banned/permabanned for a few players' selfish actions, --- i.e. votekicks issued for: limiting the map to being solely a clan-match, 1v1's, even joining with multiple accounts to give a ban, etc.

I'm aware that I'm probably being a fob at the moment on these forums, but I couldn't exactly find a better place to complain about this stuff.

Thanks.
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

Poorsoft isn't really being butthurt. He is expressing his thoughts in an extremely mature manner, far better than most people who make these sort of topics.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Heracles4 wrote:
Poorsoft isn't really being butthurt. He is expressing his thoughts in an extremely mature manner, far better than most people who make these sort of topics.
^
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Lol, he reminds me of me :)
Admin please lock this post because it obviously isn't going anywhere >_>
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Poorsoft wrote:
I'm just kind of concerned at seeing the number of users being banned/permabanned for a few players' selfish actions, --- i.e. votekicks issued for: limiting the map to being solely a clan-match, 1v1's, even joining with multiple accounts to give a ban, etc.

I'm aware that I'm probably being a fob at the moment on these forums, but I couldn't exactly find a better place to complain about this stuff.

Thanks.
Unfortunately most people who host servers seem to decide that actually moderating them is too much work. Of those who do, not all should be moderating. Votekicks are very rarely permanent, though I am aware of one glitch that does accidentally extend the occasional votekick's duration.
aloha.pk servers and aimpot assault are probably where you'll find the most active and fair admins. If you see someone abusing votekick (or anything else) you can use /admin to alert us, and if you don't get a response you can follow up by posting (preferably with evidence!) on the forum, where you definitely will get a response. http://aloha.pk and http://aimpot.com respectively.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic moved to more relevant forum.
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ban Appeals”