Voxlap VXL file format by Ken Silverman
http://advsys.net/ken
Attachments
VXL2.NET.zip
(87.99 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
[BP]Mininao
Deuce

Yeah !
I'll test it right now, but i think it will open great possibilities for creating new mapping tools !
Thanks again Green_Happy1
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Ah cool. I was wondering where all those map generators were hiding.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

ugh, vb.net

why not c#
[BP]Mininao
Deuce

Nice thing, but could you make a Library that we could use in both C# and VB.net, because I really don't understand vb.net Green_D'oh
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

learn_more wrote:
ugh, vb.net why not c#
It takes 30 seconds to convert it over, http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/co ... to-csharp/

I'm a VB.NET guy, that's why! lol... always hating on vb.net... always!
[BP]Mininao wrote:
Nice thing, but could you make a Library that we could use in both C# and VB.net, because I really don't understand vb.net Green_D'oh
Yeah, that could be done, but it would probably be simpler to convert using the above link and use the raw code, as opposed to a prebuilt library, then you can actually build from it, or work on making it better, as opposed to being stuck in the DLL box so to speak.
Buffet_of_Lies wrote:
Ah cool. I was wondering where all those map generators were hiding.
lol, sneaky little bastards they are!
[BP]Mininao wrote:
Yeah !
I'll test it right now, but i think it will open great possibilities for creating new mapping tools !
Thanks again Green_Happy1
This is just a simple form to get started, but yeah the sky is the limit, you can start with this as the ability to in and out the VXL, then write some kind of cool algorithm for building out the maps.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Ooh, I might use this. I mean, I hate VB, but I'll just compile it to a DLL and use it in a C# project. I was planning on making a map generator in Java, but that'd involve writing something like this, and, well, I'm lazy. ;P
Yourself
Coder
Coder

I have been told that there is a bug in the silver spaceship code. Use it at your own risk. If you're going to be working with a program that reads/writes .vxl, you should really write your own code; vxl is a pretty simple file format.
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

Yourself wrote:
I have been told that there is a bug in the silver spaceship code. Use it at your own risk. If you're going to be working with a program that reads/writes .vxl, you should really write your own code; vxl is a pretty simple file format.
Yourself, Thanks for the heads up, it was rewritten, as there is no other source in VB.NET, so while I used his original VXL C code as inspiration, this was self written based on his code. I did a lot of testing, and reworking, and got it working.

It's also what has been used in Blockman2D for about a year, with great results in reading and writing.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

rakiru wrote:
Ooh, I might use this. I mean, I hate VB, but I'll just compile it to a DLL and use it in a C# project. I was planning on making a map generator in Java, but that'd involve writing something like this, and, well, I'm lazy. ;P
compile it as dll, open with ilspy, change language to c# --> dump,
fix it up and have working c# code :p
Yourself
Coder
Coder

FaultCheck wrote:
Yourself wrote:
Yourself, Thanks for the heads up, it was rewritten, as there is no other source in VB.NET, so while I used his original VXL C code as inspiration, this was self written based on his code. I did a lot of testing, and reworking, and got it working.

It's also what has been used in Blockman2D for about a year, with great results in reading and writing.
Ok cool Blue_Happy1 I was assuming you did a direct port.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

learn_more wrote:
rakiru wrote:
compile it as dll, open with ilspy, change language to c# --> dump,
fix it up and have working c# code :p
You should know by now that I am lazy. ;P
[BP]Mininao
Deuce

Can you upload the lib you made ? It would be pretty useful ^^
13 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”