FPS increaser

External additional handy features.
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
BR_
Coder
Coder

Stuck playing on low resolutions or with a bad framerate? Try this out!

The 0.75 font renderer is notoriously crap. I took an afternoon and replaced it with a faster one. My three "beta testers" went from about 30 to almost 60 FPS (the game is locked to 55-60). I personally went from 45 to 80 (after I disabled the framerate lock).

Here's the link! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... %20fix.dll
Inject it like you'd inject anything else.

Patchloader includes this fix and more, so stop using this and switch when patchloader is released.

Here's another version which hides the map and the minimap: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... 0fixes.dll
I made this version for people who play at tiny resolutions where the minimap nearly covers the entire screen. Use this one OR the other one, but not both. This plays a little funny with modloader - if you use both and the mouse locks up, press the button to open/close the map (M by default) and it'll fix.

I haven't spent any time fine-tuning it or making the text look prettier, so some text (mostly HUD stuff like health and ammo) will be a bit out of position and the wrong size and color.

I'm mostly an IRC guy, but I'll check here too. Catch me in #buildandshoot or #aloha! I'm pretty bad at writing forum posts, so if someone wants to hype it up or rewrite it or whatever, go for it.

EDIT: I made a survey thingy. Three questions. ezpz. Go for it!
Last edited by BR_ on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Techno
Deuced Up

Wow thanks! This really helped. :) Btw, are the ammo and health things supposed to be aliened like that? It's like they are off center.
BR_
Coder
Coder

I haven't spent any time fine-tuning it or making the text look prettier, so some text (mostly HUD stuff like health and ammo) will be a bit out of position and the wrong size and color.
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

better to say, you just replaced every font to the font like in chat.

but anyway, this is a pretty good program
BR_
Coder
Coder

[RUS] Vlad01 wrote:
better to say, you just replaced every font to the font like in chat.

but anyway, this is a pretty good program
Well yeah that's exactly what I did. The chat renderer is extremely fast, the everything-else renderer is extremely slow. I haven't done it yet but I'll fix the positioning/color/etc eventually. Don't think I'll change the size but maybe.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

xCross wrote:
how2inject
if you dont use modloader, install modloader, delete modloader.bin and rename this file modloader.bin
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Will this also further increase FPS while using topo's win8 fix?
BR_
Coder
Coder

xCross wrote:
how2inject
learn_more's solution works, or you could use something like winject. Select client.exe in the top box, AoS framerate fix.dll in the bottom box, hit Inject. Note that I didn't make Winject, I can't guarantee its safety, but I have used it without a problem for a while.
EDIT: you won't have to inject patchloader when it comes out :)
Xpert658 wrote:
Will this also further increase FPS while using topo's win8 fix?
topo's win8 fix and this address different issues, so you should get more FPS using both.
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Speaking of ModLoader, Learnmore the file (when I tried to download the it) for modloader is coming up as malicious. Should I bypass that or no
Xpert658

Okay, tried it, it works. I don't see any notable FPS difference though. (The game lags when looking up and down, thanks to Win8)

Any chance to incorporate this into modloader? It seems like it's one or the other... (well, for now)
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Monstarules wrote:
Speaking of ModLoader, Learnmore the file (when I tried to download the it) for modloader is coming up as malicious. Should I bypass that or no
it's just chrome being a crybaby.

but erm, what is the point of asking me?
if it really were malicious, do you think i would say not to download it because its malicious?
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Just checking with you.
EldredChandler

Keep up the good work BR
BR_
Coder
Coder

Xpert658 wrote:
Okay, tried it, it works. I don't see any notable FPS difference though. (The game lags when looking up and down, thanks to Win8)

Any chance to incorporate this into modloader? It seems like it's one or the other... (well, for now)
I'm not sure what the win8 up/down lag is about, I don't use win8. Have you tried topo's fix? I'm not sure if it'd help, but maybe.

What FPS do you normally run at? Nothing will help you get past 55 or so, the game is capped (for now). Some people report big FPS improvements, others say nothing changes. I'm not sure why.

I'm incorporating this into patchloader. You can use both modloader and this, but you have to inject one manually. You'll be able to use both modloader and patchloader, both automatic, when I release patchloader.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hold on, how do you make this FPS increaser when the source is closed?
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”