Voxelshop - Free KV6 and VOX Editor

External additional handy features.
43 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

An alternative voxel editor to the likes of slab6 and Qubicle, it has much more features than slab6 while still being free. Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux!

Reading this to get started would be recommended: http://blackflux.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

Click on the image to view more info or download:

Special thanks to blackflux for making this amazing voxel editor software!
Last edited by 1Shot1Kill on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

When was .kv6 export added? Also .vox is for the 'vox' game NOT the voxlap engine but .kv6 can be converted to other file formats like .vox and .kvx, this also makes it backwards compatible with qubicle! I will make a video later. Good job 1shot.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Oh lord, the time is nigh!
Gotta say, mad props to blackflux! But by the looks of it, it requires Java.. Oh well, definitely will give it a shot whenever possible.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Jdrew wrote:
When was .kv6 export added? Also .vox is for the 'vox' game NOT the voxlap engine but .kv6 can be converted to other file formats like .vox and .kvx, this also makes it backwards compatible with qubicle! I will make a video later. Good job 1shot.
It was actually added today.
tobi9sc
Modder
Modder

looks good but very hard to use (i think)
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

By the looks of the basic controls, it's a bit like image editors like Paint somewhat.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

It has a slice editor if thats what you mean.

fun fact: due to how close the .kvx and .kv6 file formats are the program can also import .kvx but can only export .kv6 though .kv6 can easily be converted so it doesn't matter.
blackflux
Deuce

Hi guys! Glad you like my program! Thanks for posting this here @1shot1kill

The program was actually designed to be intuitive. However I can see that it really needs a getting started video.

Import for Kvx and kv6 is handled separately. I just didn't get to the kvx exporter yet. That's why the program doesn't support it yet. Has nothing to do with the file format similarly =)

Already have a huge todo list, but always looking for suggestions. So feel free to ask questions and post suggestions. I'll do my best to help!

flux
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

ok my bad, is there anyway to increase the processing power so it doesn't crash when trying to do complex stuff like mirror over an axis?
blackflux
Deuce

The program is not optimized yet for large voxel objects. That is something on my todo list though. You can erase the history to free up memory which might help.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

Wow, I'm impressed, it's awesome. I always messed up with slab6.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

blackflux wrote:
The program is not optimized yet for large voxel objects. That is something on my todo list though. You can erase the history to free up memory which might help.
you are using java and have memory issues.
why does that not surprise me.
blackflux
Deuce

_Frocs_ wrote:
Wow, I'm impressed, it's awesome. I always messed up with slab6.
Thanks! Feel free to post screenshots of things you did!
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

blackflux wrote:
Hi guys! Glad you like my program! Thanks for posting this here @1shot1kill

The program was actually designed to be intuitive. However I can see that it really needs a getting started video.

Import for Kvx and kv6 is handled separately. I just didn't get to the kvx exporter yet. That's why the program doesn't support it yet. Has nothing to do with the file format similarly =)

Already have a huge todo list, but always looking for suggestions. So feel free to ask questions and post suggestions. I'll do my best to help!

flux
One thing then: port it to something else that isn't Java, pronto. Just a humble suggestion.
blackflux
Deuce

So much Java hate here =) it's not actually as bad as you think. Anyways that's one thing I can promise is not going to happen. I've already spent too many hours on it.

The memory problems are not java, but design related. Handling that amount of voxels with unlimited undo is a challenge. I know how to fix them, just didn't get to it yet.

Also this is still alpha and the long term plan is this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excelsior_JET
43 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”