(request) Third person mod

External additional handy features.
40 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

bloodfox wrote:
Hm, How do you know? There could be a third person plugin eventually. Forever we know, as soon as I learn to code I will try my best on bringing a plugin just for that.
Because as far as I can tell there is not much demand for such a thing, and nobody who is capable is willing to make such a mod. Your best bet would be to start learning how to program, and try and make it yourself.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I wonder what type of language I have to learn to make scripts for AOS/OS. I know that once you learn one language in coding, you pretty much know the others
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

I think it's Python for server scripts, not so sure about other mods.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

bloodfox wrote:
I wonder what type of language I have to learn to make scripts for AOS/OS. I know that once you learn one language in coding, you pretty much know the others
It was already stated earlier in the thread
BR_
Coder
Coder

Sorry for necro.

Being able to see over walls/around corners would be cheating IMO, but I could do this. Convince me it's not cheating and I'll give it a shot?
learn_more
Coder
Coder

most games that have this natively have it locked with the cheating cvars.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Ok BR. Here is how I think this wouldn't be cheating. I am thinking that you keep the camera in the same place but somehow move the models. And I am not talking about pivoting. So therefore you wouldn't be seeing through walls etc. Sadly, that is all I could say about how to make it third person. Of course since AOS is closed source, try doing the mod for OS.
God-3
Deuce

So has there been a 3rd person mod??
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

that is a three year old necro post, good job
notafile
Deuced Up

OpenSpades has third person, but it's basically useless for actually playing the game. And yes, making third person work would basically be cheating. Unless you make it a server-side flag like in e.g. ARMA. But that kind of modification of the protocol is still a bit away.
40 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”