Master Server Migration + Downtime

Our latest need-to-know information.
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Just a heads up, the master server will be moving from it's current location in San José to a new datacenter located in Las Vegas, meaning the master server will be offline during this time.

The downtime is expected to last between January 20th, 5:30 AM GMT until January 20th, 6:00 PM GMT.

I will be taking advantage of this downtime to perform some necessary performance optimizations for the master server software as well as the web server.

What does this mean for you?

The serverlist is cached on our web server, which is separate from our master game server for situations like these. This means that the serverlist will remain up, but just won't be updated during that time.

If you are a server hoster, you will likely see a lot of warnings that the server has been disconnected from the master server. This situation will remedy itself once everything is back online. No IP addresses will be changing because of this.

We will let you know when the server migration has been completed. Thanks for the patience. Blue_Happy1
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Just checking, but is that supposed to be 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM? I only ask because that 12 and a half hour time window seems odd.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

No, this is a physical server migration, hence the prolonged downtime.
SICKfudge
Deuced Up

Woot! Im out then anyway so it does not affect me, hope all goes well with your technical highjinks
MKU
Artist
Artist

Yay, moving it closer to me! :D
0xtobit
Deuce

When will the server list be cached? I just launched a new server and am bringing it up and down as I make adjustments to the config.txt, I just want to make sure my server is on the cached list for tomorrows outage.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

0xtobit wrote:
When will the server list be cached? I just launched a new server and am bringing it up and down as I make adjustments to the config.txt, I just want to make sure my server is on the cached list for tomorrows outage.
The serverlist is automatically cached, so the cached version will be relevant to the very last second before the master server has been taken offline.
Cajun Style
Deuced Up

As in: throw the server in the back of your car and start driving? Blue_D'oh
Pity you had to take the weekend, but I guess you have your reasons.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Cajun Style wrote:
As in: throw the server in the back of your car and start driving? Blue_D'oh
I'm sure they rented a u-haul and paid some random hobo to drive it all the way over to wherever the new host is.
Bigcheecho
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

MKU wrote:
Yay, moving it closer to me! :D
Exact same city where I am.
m3saint
Deuce

its 6:00pm here already
rakiru
Coder
Coder

m3saint wrote:
its 6:00pm here already
Congratulations, you have stumbled across the incredibly fun and not at all annoying concept of timezones!
zaeempatel
Deuce

I have a problem, when I click the 'Play' file it leads to a website saying it won't work, I'm in UK, it's 8:04 PM 21st January 2013 can somebody please help me?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a one sided pedo smile! ---> Green_Wink1
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

zaeempatel wrote:
I have a problem, when I click the 'Play' file it leads to a website saying it won't work, I'm in UK, it's 8:04 PM 21st January 2013 can somebody please help me?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a one sided pedo smile! ---> Green_Wink1
That is the original website but it went down, you have to use servers from this website as this is the only place so far that has a master server.
AEM
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Yay, it's moving to where Aloha servers are housed. Blue_Sunglasses1
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Official News”