Minit 1v1
League Highlights
New AoS Remake Project
Scripts
Fun Facts
Maps
Bloopers

Blue_Sunglasses1 Web Server Green_Sunglasses1
The site has been acting up a lot lately so we are moving from a VPS to a beefier dedicated server. We are also recreating and optimizing the landing page and server lists to decrease their resource footprint. In the future all sections that don't require a forum session ID will be independent of the forum software.

Blue_Happy3 Interview: FaultCheck Green_Happy3
[/size][/b]

BnS Journalist wrote:
How did you discover Ace of Spades?
FaultCheck wrote:
I frequently search for f2p games, looking for anything new, or interesting to check out. I was just coming off of a three month game binge of Terraria, looking for something with a sandbox feel, and came across Ace of Spades, Build your own Battlefield. My first impressions upon coming across it, was how simplified it was, but that was quickly replaced with awe in how rich the gameplay could become.

I was taken back a bit, the game markets are filled with over thought, overly superficial stunning games, with almost no long term playability, and here is AOS; doesn’t even have textures for the blocks, a small set of weapons, and with community driven modifications and expansions has a completely addicting game play.

I was so inspired by the game; I started working on blockman2d within just a couple of weeks of finding and playing it.
BNS Journalist wrote:
What has kept you interested in the game for so long?
FaultCheck wrote:
In two words, the Community. While many people within the community actively participate within this and possibly other communities for games for quite some time, AOS is the first gaming community I have had the pleasure of being a part of, and in a digital since it feels like home.

In life there is a huge array of personalities, and types, but I very early on realized how many very bright, intelligent people there were within the community, many trying to help build the foundation of what AOS has evolved to since its conception. It fueled my desire to also want to contribute, and surround myself with active thinkers and peers I feel I could learn from, and make some friends along the way.
BnS Journalist wrote:
What do you have planned for the projects you are working on for Build and Shoot?
FaultCheck wrote:
I have a couple of projects in the works now, with the current focus to complete the Build and Shoot League Management system.

The goal for the League Management system is create an all-in-one place for league play, allowing event scheduling, team finding, and communication to all be handled together, with the hopes to not only produce a fine tuned system for making leagues easier and more popular, but also to allow for a replacement to the clubs section that was recently assisting in bogging down the buildandshoot.com servers.

Another personal project of mine is Blockman2D, which was released over a year ago to the community, recently passing 20,000 downloads. It’s my hope to release the next version of Blockman2D, which is being largely rewritten to better handle memory issues, and to be expandable, allowing 3rd party plugins to be loaded in as separate tools. It’s personally really given me a lot of fulfillment to work on Blockman2D, and learn about the voxel engine, and provide something useful to the community.
BnS Journalist wrote:
Tell us a little about yourself; your past, present, and future self?
FaultCheck wrote:
I’ve been a self-proclaimed “nerd” for as long as I can remember, and a self-taught software developer. I was picking up simple basic and putting together hardware before the age of 10. Moved into mIRC scripting, and VB in my early teens, and later on moved into .NET frameworks, and putting focus on web based development, JavaScript, CSS, html and PHP.

This year I’ve reached the ripe old age of 30, and I live in the U.S. with my family of 4, I have two young kids, my daughter of 5 is already in love with AoS and buildandshoot.com, she frequently can be heard yelling about being griefed.

I work part time from home as an independent web developer and technology consultant, and part time as a stay at home father. When I can find time ( and piece and quite, it’s in short supply at times ) I enjoy pursuing hobby development projects, and developing out ideas and concepts to better fine tune my knowledge base.

I really don’t know what the future may hold, but I’m excited to see how things turn out.
Blue_Pistol Minit 1v1 Tournament Green_Pistol2
[/size][/b]

Congratulations to Tin for coming out on top in the finals of the 1v1 tournament against Hawkan. It was a long journey to the top. All the participants in the tournament showed their strengths and weaknesses.

http://minit.challonge.com/1v1

Check out Minit's website for final match in the 1v1 tournament. The bronze match between Kodiak and Shojump, its going to be intense.

Blue_Surprised2 League Highlights Green_Surprised2
[/size][/b]

It seems like the teams in the finals are getting cold feet, only two matches were played in the past two weeks, these being The Bastion vs Sturm Staffel and the winner with a score of 1 - 0 was The Bastion
Check out The Bastion's victory here

The second match played was between the Mumblerz and HOMO, the match resulted in a tie after a 135 minutes of overtime the concluded to nothing but an intense gaming experience that included lots of back and forth movement of both intels.

We need to have a fair system in place to break a tie. We can either do away with overtime and have a 60 minute match or have a 45 minute match with 15 minutes of overtime. If neither team wins they will have a rematch. If neither team wins the second match we fall back on team stats.

Game 1 Total Intel Touches + Game 1 Team KDR + Game 2 Total Intel Touches + Game 2 Team KDR = final score.

Whoever has the highest final score wins.

This discussion is still on going, if you have any ideas share them here.

Check out the brackets for the league here: http://challonge.com/buildandshoot

Blue_Spade New AoS remake project Green_Spade
[/size][/b]

ByteBit is working on an AoS 0.75 compatible client. It is very early in development but it is something to keep an eye on.

Check it out.

Blue_Rifle Scripts Green_Rifle
[/size][/b]

After only two weeks, there has been a handful of great new scripts that are out!

One in the Chamber
First one up is one in the chamber by BR. A game mode where you only have one bullet. So you better make it count! The twist is that whenever you successfully kill an opponent, you will get your bullet back. If you miss your shot, you better be good with your spade and hope that whoever you try to kill has no bullets left. Blue_Sunglasses1

Link to the server [aos]aos://2686459584:20715[/aos]

Intellimap

Now, you might have noticed that popular servers usually has those small tiny maps up. Have you ever wondered why that would be? A common theory would be that when people join a big map with only 3-4 players, they will rarely see each other, which will be pretty boring for them. And they'll often end up leaving. That however, won't happen in small maps. This might explain why there is very few full classicgen servers, despite of it being the most liked in this forum-game.

Now there is a fix to that problem! With Intellimap a server can host a tiny map at first, and when more people join it can gradually make the maps bigger and bigger without constant admin supervision. Meaning that you won't end up on a map where there are no players in a 100 block radius!

Link to the server [aos]aos://1379434439:28887[/aos]

Tracks

Now we all love Team Fortress 2, right? Ace of spades even shares a lot of commonalities with it. One thing it doesn't share, is a great game mode called payload.
.... Or does it?

Introducing Tracks!. The beloved payload game mode, for Ace of Spades! Made by Thepolm3 as requested by Ninja_pig_pro. This works by staying close to the intel, which will push it on an invisible track. Now it looks a bit silly to push around on a suitcase. So maybe some of our experienced modders will create a cart to replace it? Wink Wink

Link to the server [aos]aos://1379434439:27887[/aos]

Sabotage

A script that didn't make it into our last newsletter, due to time constraints is Sabotage! The massively popular demolition game from Counter-Strike. It was requested by 10se1ucgo has has already been tweaked a lot as it is on 2.4.3 already. So it better run smoothly now. Also, De_Dust2 anyone?

Link to the server coming soon!

Green_Happy1 Fun Facts Green_BigSmile
[/size][/b]
-Blue is taking a commanding lead in the Blue Master Race vs Green Master race thread http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15

Blue_Tongue Maps Green_tongue
[/size][/b]

The Eye
by: Lelue
The eye by lelue! Lelue has been making some great maps lately, this is only his latest creation. The eye is shaped like an eye and is a unique island map with neat terrain made and crisp buildings. At the center of the map is small mountain which makes the map great for 1CTF. Although the map is small it is not hard to imagine a few clan matches on here. Lelue is becoming an excellent mapper Click here for the map thread.

Rainbowforest
by: Lostmotel

Rainbow forest is a bit hard on the eyes at first if you look closely you can see all the gameplay elements put in to make this map a wonderful bit of fun. The map is another goon jungle remake but with a lot of touch ups and color designs to make it look like a whole new map. The pink forest adds a lot to the map. Some examples of the gameplay would be jumping the other team from overhead, flanking in the water, or just going on an all out rush through the middle. A nice twist on the goon jungle map we have all grown to love. Nice job lost! Here is the thread.

Blue_D'oh Bloopers Green_D'oh
[/size][/b]
Provided by Hat

A little note to people who are submitting your Newsletter banners, we would ask that you make a second version of the banner that adds "Like" and "Share". This is because we have started informing the users of Facebook that our Newsletter has been released, thank you.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

looks good
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

When I grow up, I want to be just like FaultCheck.... Blue_Surprised2 Green_Pistol2
Lelue
Mapper
Mapper

wuhu i am famous :P
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Good Newsletter. I'll be happy when the site's been moved.
All of those gamemodes look awesome. Good job BR and thepolm3!
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

Vengeance wrote:
Really like the cover logo, did you render that? or hand draw?
Vengeance
Deuced Up

FaultCheck wrote:
Vengeance wrote:
Really like the cover logo, did you render that? or hand draw?
Thanks. I used blender to make this, so...
Spoiler:
It is rendered.
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

so the website is shutting down and moveing? AND we will have to make new accounts. (i have no idea if this is what you ment)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

ZEB 99 wrote:
so the website is shutting down and moveing? AND we will have to make new accounts. (i have no idea if this is what you ment)
No, they are simply switching what they have the website hosted on. There will be no change for us except there will be less down time hopefully. Everything will remain the same.
foxtwixx
Deuced Up

Wow. This was a interesting News Letter. All Themes were interesting. As much the Interview of the 30 year old Programmer , the Map of Lostmotel , and the Bloopers! I think i would also do a Blooper next Time :D !

See you later Aligator

Xoxo <3

TwiXx
Jimpox
Deuce

Very good Newsletter. I like the coverphoto, and the maps, and I guess everything else. Blue_Happy3
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

foxtwixx wrote:
Wow. This was a interesting News Letter. All Themes were interesting. As much the Interview of the 30 year old Programmer , the Map of Lostmotel , and the Bloopers! I think i would also do a Blooper next Time :D !

See you later Aligator

Xoxo <3

TwiXx
30 Redacted... I am now 25 again! w00t! Blue_Sunglasses1 I can do that... I think....

[Edit] 30 is like the new twenty, or at least I still have a mentality of a 20 y/o, whatever works...
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Jimpox wrote:
Very good Newsletter. I like the coverphoto, and the maps, and I guess everything else. Blue_Happy3
Thanks! Blue_Happy3
Bigcheecho
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Since we only have 2 entries for the trailer contest & a little over a week left, I might as well do some shameless promotion...
UBERFUN
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

Bigcheecho wrote:
Since we only have 2 entries for the trailer contest & a little over a week left, I might as well do some shameless promotion...
UBERFUN
hahaha love the avatar, so going to code my error dialogs like that... Blue_Happy3 Green_Happy3
30 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Official News”