League Happenings
Community Events
Fun Facts
Babel
Maps
Bloopers
Be on the Lookout
Blue_Happy1 League Happenings Green_Happy1
In the two weeks since we started we have had 15 teams sign up and a handful of matches. One issue we have is finding subs, we encourage everyone looking for a team to hang out in #BnS.League on Quakenet and volunteer as a sub when the time is needed. It is a win-win for everyone.

Death inc. is currently in the lead with 4 points. They have played two games so far. Won one and tied the other. For more statistics from season 1 click here.

We have 3 official servers now with a fourth one on its way. BnS league USA WEST, BnS league USA EAST, and BnS league UK. Soon we will have BnS league Sweden.

Faultcheck has been working on league management software that will make it easy to form teams, recruit people, and schedule matches. He wants to have it finished in time for season too. Read more about it here.
Blue_BigSmile Community Events Green_BigSmile
http://minit.challonge.com/1v1

-Minit is in the middle of a 1v1 tournament with some of the best shooters in the game.

-Reddit has an event next weekend. The reddit community decides the gamemode and maps. If there is something you are wanting to play better go over there and suggest it.

If you are planning an event and want us to help promote it. Start a thread and let us know about it. We are glad to help.
Blue_Happy3 Fun Facts Green_Happy3
-0.76 player base is growing, we have had 40+ players on several occasions.
-aceofspadeswiki.com is back online! Blue_Rifle
Blue_Sunglasses1 Babel Green_Sunglasses1
Found this gem posted on reddit, it is a gallery of winning babel towers
http://imgur.com/a/lGtCe#0

http://imgur.com/a/lGtCe#0

Blue_Tongue Tutorial Green_tongue

v^3 wrote a tutorial for people having troubles getting .75 and .76 to work correctly with the BnS launcher. If you can't get it to work by using the "Add new installation" button, we recommend you follow the tutorial step by step.
http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3398
Blue_Wink1 Maps Green_Wink1
[/size]

Vietgong by Gibbs3333:
Gibs3333 wrote:
I have built with some friends an epic remake of Pinpoint called VietGong with reference to the Vietnam War (1964-1973) ..
Vietgong By Gibs is a neat remix of the classic pinpoint map. The map features vivid terrain, large trees and a swamp texture for the water to make it feel like a battle in the jungle. There are also two bridges in the map giving you more options than than a traditional the pinpoint has.

Here is the download: Nice work gibs!

theMall by andr3w:
andr3w wrote:
The idea is a head to head clash for control of the capitol. Blue gets the Washington Monument and green gets the capitol building. There are various bunkers, trenches and other means of tactical game play built right in.
This map is based off of the National Mall in Washington, DC. It is a huge park with many monuments and museums surrounding it.

Download: The mall on build and shoot Blue_Happy3
Blue_Rifle Bloopers Green_Rifle
by ZaniTeaDrinker

by _whisper/sgreenden
Blue_Pistol Be on the Lookout Green_Pistol2
Stack and danhezee are working on a new landing page that will need very little server resources to use. Which means a faster site and less downtime. \o/ Green_Spade

Also, don't forget to submit your in game bloopers and a cover photo for next news letter.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

nice maps
Sponge
Deuced Up

Vietgong looks surprisingly good! I would like to see it in action myself.
Kodiak
Deuced Up

Was the maker of The Mall inspired by Fallout 3 by any chance? I was considering attempting that for the Fallout game mode, and I'm ecstatic some has made a map like this :D
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

Lol perfect timing when i got into the minit server lol I joined when Zani screenshot it :P
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Those Maps Look Amazing!

Mah Cover Photo
Attachments
BnSNewsLg.png
BnSNewsLg.png (19.77 KiB) Viewed 14414 times
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

The most creative thing i have done for a while:
Spoiler:
the problem is those things in the side and middle but yea that's my cover photo entry.
Vengeance
Deuced Up

They both look pretty good actually. And great newsletter! The maps look cool.
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

Love Newsletter #7, but I really think that v^3 launcher tutorial could have used a lil comic sans :D Green_Surprised2
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Everything could use a little Comic Sans to make it better. Green_tongue
Lemon
League Participant
League Participant

Oh dear God, there should be NO talk of Comic Sans on here. NONE. EVAR. Anyways, I'm loving the Vietcong map, but the problem is that no big servers are hosting it.
Kodiak
Deuced Up

Lemon wrote:
Oh dear God, there should be NO talk of Comic Sans on here. NONE. EVAR. Anyways, I'm loving the Vietcong map, but the problem is that no big servers are hosting it.
I'll do some talking to Minit people, iirc you're a guard, perhaps you can help me? :D
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Moar comic sans.
Gibbs3333
Mapper
Mapper

VIETGONG 1.2 COMING SOON !
Stay informed with : http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3392 Blue_Happy3
Last edited by Gibbs3333 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemon
League Participant
League Participant

Kodiak wrote:
Lemon wrote:
I'll do some talking to Minit people, iirc you're a guard, perhaps you can help me? :D
Sure. I'm down. We should post the idea on the Minit Forums to gather the other's ideas.
35 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Official News”