Oh hey, Jagex's reaction to BnS

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 1 of 7 First unread post
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Sniped PM'd to me about my removed BnS sig, which was today:
Sniped wrote:
We have removed the link to buildandshoot in your signature as it is against our forum rules. We are passionate about supporting communities that are good for the official community but despite numerous attempts to bring buildandshoot on side, they have fallen short of the mark we expect. In particular, we are concerned at the discussion about hacking Ace of Spades and the posting of anti-Jagex sentiment which we believe is dissuading others from joining the official community.

We are really keen to bring buildandshoot on side as they have the potential to be an excellent community. We would ask you to help achieve this by encouraging the website users to meet our key rules for fansites.

·******** Advertising of the fansite on the official forums can only be through a signature
·******** Each fansite primary focus should be the release version of Ace of Spades
·******** Fansites should not dissuade its community from taking part in other Ace of Spades communities or actively drive traffic away from the official site
·******** Each fansite's primary focus should be on supporting the overall community
·******** Fansites should not encourage illegal activity

Yours sincerely,

Ace of Spades
I personally smell bullshit. Did you guys do?
We have locked our Hacking Jagex stuff ages ago.

Fucking Jagex.
Mehrunes
Deuced Up

That's okay, the AoS forums are dead to me anyway.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

This is likely in reply to Mat (Sniped) sending us two emails recently.

1st Email (November 21st, 2012):
Dear Buildandshoot,

It is great to see that you have started a community around Ace of Spades. We want to support every community we can that surrounds Ace of Spades and over the coming months we will be formalising a fansite program which should benefit these communities greatly.

As you are one of the first communities to develop and a relationship is starting to form now, we wanted to make initial contact to ensure that when the fansite program launches we have as strong a relationship as possible. With this in mind we believe it worthwhile setting out some key rules that we would like all fansites to follow:

· Advertising of the fansite on the official forums can only be through a signature

· Each fansite primary focus should be the release version of Ace of Spades

· Fansites should not dissuade its community from taking part in other Ace of Spades communities or actively drive traffic away from the official site

· Each fansite's primary focus should be on supporting the overall community

· Fansites should not encourage illegal activity

Looking at your community, you are very close to meeting all our requirements. We would like to see a more developed section for the release version of Ace of Spades. The posting of anti-Jagex sentiment on the official forums and encouraging it on your forums is something that we believe is dissuading others from joining our community and is something we would like you to address as a community. Although we love to hear feedback but it is needs to be posted in a constructive way.

Once we have stopped support for the prototype of Ace of Spades we may need to revisit the site again and look at the situation, however that is something we can talk about closer to the time.

Hopefully these small things should be easy to change and we can look forward to a long a fruitful future together.

Yours sincerely,

Ace of Spades Community Management

Mathew Kemp (Mod Mat K)
Jagex Games Community Manager
Jagex Games Studio

--

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The sender does not guarantee that this message, including any attachment, is secure or virus free. Also, it is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose or copy it or its contents. Please telephone or email the sender and delete the message entirely from your system. No binding obligations or payment commitments are to be derived from the contents of this email unless and until a clear written agreement containing all the necessary terms and conditions is properly executed.

Jagex Limited is a company registered in England & Wales with company number 03982706 and a registered office at St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.

tl;dr He completely fails to recognize the reason behind BnS and insists we focus on 1.0 instead of the "prototype".

2nd Email (November 26th, 2012):
Dear Buildandshoot,

After reviewing your site, I can see that there is still some way to go to have it meet the key rules that we set out below. If you can get back to me by midnight tonight (PST ) with any progress you have made and what your plans are to meet these rules, we can start moving forward.

Yours sincerely,

Mathew Kemp

Jagex Games Community Manager

Jagex Games Studio

Needless to say we didn't respond to him. No point in wasting our time on somebody who can't even see what a community is gearing towards (including ours and their own).
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

Wow, what a way to create unnecessary drama jagex. They told us to comply to their regulations we need to drop all support for voxlap. You know the game of Ace of Spades that exist and it is playable and has a huge loyal following. Everything, you would ever want in a game. I wonder if Arash knows of this. And we are not hacking, that actually is libelous.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Somehow skipped over the part about us discussing "hacking" the game. Umm, I'd like to see some proof of this lol. Unlike Sniped, I've actually taken real-world initiatives in attempting to inhibit hacking.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Oh no, Sniped is mad... >:)
Sniped wrote:
Dear MrHaax,

Due to you reinstating your signature, we have removed your ability to have one. Please also be aware that posting of private PMs about your forum rules is also against the rules.

Yours sincerely,

danhezee

Posting PM's that show their true colors is against the rules.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

danhezee wrote:
Posting PM's that show their true colors is against the rules.
Damn right.

EDIT: You say Matv2 is Sniped? What-
Or it is another Mat?
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Let's point out some fallacies here.

1. There has been no discussion of hacking. There was 1 thread that started to, but I quickly told the poster(s) not to discuss it on these forums.

2. There is very little anti-Jagex sentiment here. If you want to see that sort of stuff, check the Jagex forums. That's all it is there. Maybe Sniped should pay a bit more attention there instead of attempting to snoop around BnS, yet still failing at it.

3. He still fails to see what this community is designed for.

4. We don't rely on Jagex. Stuff like this just reflects badly on themselves, not us.

5. I give Sniped a 3/10. It's the best I can do. It made me laugh a bit and I almost took it seriously. :lol:
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Just screw Jagex, they don't understand us and they never will. We don't need them.

Also Sniped is not Mat^2
danhezee

I would like point out, that jagex and BnS can work together peacefully. I wouldnt mind talking to someone over Sniped's head. I have a feeling this tension Sniped is projecting towards us stems from arguments long before BnS ever existed.
Prune
Deuced Up

Why does Jagex refer to this community as a fansite, like this was in some way an unofficial site. After December 1, B&S will be the only forum/serverlist available... so B&S is not a mere fansite, this is the official website of the Ace Of Spades Voxlap Version. They have the 1.0 version, so be it.

Let Jagex drown in their own excrement. we don't need them.

:mrgreen:
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Prune wrote:
Why does Jagex refer to this community as a fansite, like this was in some way an unofficial site. After December 1, B&S will be the only forum/serverlist available... so B&S is not a mere fansite, this is the official website of the Ace Of Spades Voxlap Version. They have the 1.0 version, so be it.
Just because it is the main site, it does not make it official.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

AoS voxlap is up for grabs, nobody owns it anymore.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

HoboHob wrote:
AoS voxlap is up for grabs, nobody owns it anymore.
What are you...? Jagex owns it...
103 posts Page 1 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”