Buffet_of_Lies Map Pack

The level/layout/play area.
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

So, seeing how people seem to be posting map packs and in the interests of posterity I have compiled the Buffet_of_Lies Map Pack for your enjoyment. I had a rather large hard drive crash over this past fall but I have been able to gather together most if not all of the maps I made during AoS Classic's heyday. There may even be a few in there that I never released.

Buffet of Lies AoS Map Pack - 12 Megs

These maps are included:
Aquatic Assault : basically this is a simple Normandy Beach style map
Black Widow : one of my favorites. a giant spider on a web over a crater filled with lava. and anti-zombie bunkers.
Brozilla : Not my map. An early Minecraft conversion of a gorgeous map. But I added Godzilla and some other fun stuff.
Carbonite Hans : Just an experiment.

Fractal Maze Map : I have no idea what this is.

Gen Map of Blood : a stock gen map which has been a'maze'd. for expert parkour players.

Gen Maze : Probably the same as above, without blood.

Gravy Train : Just a silly map. Trains on a brown flat map. It made sense at the time.

Lakes of Blood : This might just be Gen Map of Blood again. Sorry.

LOLWake : This is a modification of the Wake map from BF1942 with some big battleships.

Maze of Blood : A maze in a sea of blood. This map had some great gameplay.
No Man's Land : World War 1 trench warfare with bunkers and a shattered landscape

Ocean Bleu Pirate Ships : One of my earlier maps. It's pirate ships in the sea. A lot of pirate ships because ARRRR!
Plane Crash Disaster : The was one of the last maps I made. A beautiful forest has had a 747 crashland over a river. I never really finished this but people played it a lot.

Sink The Bismark : Two battleships. I think this was my first map.
The Titanic : Serious Sim helped me make this one. It's a full ship lost in a sea of icebergs. (includes an arena mode map)
Tree Bunkers : One of my favorites. As the saying goes, "You can't see the forest for the trees." Bunkers and skybridges and giant trees. Good fun.
Urban Tank Fight : Basically it's a war-torn city a la Stalingrad and littered with T34s and Panzers. And some planes. Oh and a train. Why the hell not?

I also threw in a few blank maps for aspiring mapmakers to use as a starting point/blank canvas to work from.

Enjoy!

Buffet of Lies AoS Map Pack - 12 Megs
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Nostalgia'd. Seems like just yesterday when you were pumping these bad boys out. I think Sink The Bismark was the first publicly released map that used converted models. An exciting moment when you released it...

I don't know what it is about Urban Tank Fight but it's great fun and perfect for the Tug of War (TOW) game mode.

I always looked forward to your map releases because I knew you tried things that hadn't been done before. You're a pioneer in AoS mapping!
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Aw shucks. Thanks izzy!
mr.f
Deuced Up

Dude I think one of my first favorite maps was aquatic assault (ie first map I remembered the name of after playing and started actively searching for). It was probably just that I did super well on it like twice but still, it has to mean something. kudos
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Added some isometric visualizations. FTW!
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

I've played on so many of these and had such great fun, I played on Broville, but not Brozille, I'll have to give it a try!

Your titanic map you made with Serious Sim was awesome, I had some great fun playing arena on it.

Tree Bunkers was cool as well, I remember sniping across it, and then I destroyed all the bridges except for one and racked up a massive kill streak taking out advancing blues, "hey it ain't griefing, it's denying the enemy use of a strategic flanking route" Green_Sunglasses1

Oh and I never quite understood what those weird rectangular buildings in Plane Crash Disaster were for? They seem a little out of place.

You're an awesome mapper Buffet of Lies Green_BigSmile
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

I had no idea you were so prolific. I miss Urban Tank Fight =/
95ACgrfs1228
Deuced Up

I gotta test my Ace Combat pack with these maps :D

Edit: Download didn't work Blue_NotHappy Green_Nothappy
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Download still appears to be working for me. I'll put up an alternate link here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Maps”