Chameleon.h | inactive | new mods will ship with builds

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
142 posts Page 4 of 10 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

how the hell did you make that sight triangular?!

EDIT: Do you think there is a way so that we can make OS render polygons? Ik, seems a bit wild but oh hell with it.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

That is a .kv6 file that has been turned 45 degrees and scaled up on two axes by sqrt(2) (Pythagoras theorem).
In human language, no, this is not a model like in other shooters, this sight is still made out of simple blocks, which have been magically made to fit each other.
Turn on the flashlight. Never turn it on again. Blue_BigSmile
Last edited by Chameleon on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
That is a .kv6 file that has been turned 45 degrees and scaled up on two axes by sqrt(2) (Pythagoras theorem).
In human language, no, this is not a model like in other shooters, this sight is still made out of simple blocks, which have been magically made to fit each other.
Turn on the flashlight. Never turn it on again. Blue_BigSmile

a bit off-topic pathological rambling:
Spoiler:
I don't think this game needs hi-poly gun models. Or even eye-candy graphics.
I believe this game needs:
Bolt-action rifle;
faster semi-auto rifle or Battle rifle;
deployable HMG (not the one on Omaha beach w/ terrible recoil);
faster firing, smaller SMG;
sidearm (M1911 etc.);
maybe:
bleeding and bandaging, like in Urban Terror - it's quite awesome;
loadout system - like in UrbanTerror or Infiltration2.9;
aiming deadzones - this would prove useful in CQB and make the recoil more realistic;
scope/grenade-launcher addon for weapons;
TOW server that'd be alive;
bots that'd shut up (in bots vs bots servers :D);
people that'd understand what and why the hell I'm rambling
This is where this game would have most of it's potential, NOT in some filthy mods that have their voxels turned 45 degrees (you can quote me on that)
+1 All this. Green_Happy1 Green_Happy1
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Hey I'm gonna do shotgun pump animation, what should it be like? A video would help.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Ooooh! I know! How about, when you reload, you open up the barrel (double barreled) and put two bullet shells in the barrels...
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I hate to double post but, can you sometime make a step-by-step guide of changing animations for OS?
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon,

Do you think you could modify the default reflex scope so:

1) the weapon is halfed
2) the png sight doesn't have any effects on it and is just the raw image, unrealized/transparency not added.

It would help me a lot :)

You are very talented, carry on with what you do!
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Warp, I'd like to help you out on most of your weapons, but I think that a tutorial would be nicer as bloodfox has requested. The current tutorial I have is just some of variables explained, so I think a step by step guide is a fine idea.
But I will have to ask for your help because it's hard for me to speak about programming in foreign language and still make sense.
Current priorities:
1.My own shotgun pump animation
2.Tutorial
3.Double-barrel shotgun (or a revolver?)
4.(Maybe) A bow/crossbow

Though I am not sure how should I make the animation of D-barrel if shotgun in-game has 6 to 8 bullets. And the animation's gonna get really buggy (which means that making a bug-free mod will be a royal pain in the), cause I had trouble replacing current pump animation which is almost identical to original.
Mind that these projects will take quite some time. FN FAL was just adapting an existing script.

Hey, what about a revolver?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Revolver would be sexy. And damn good. And make it so that you flip the chamber into the side and you insert the bullets into it. :)
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

bloodfox wrote:
Revolver would be sexy. And damn good. And make it so that you flip the chamber into the side and you insert the bullets into it. :)
Like a Taurus Judge- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Judge - Can fire .410 shells so would fit a shotgun.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hey man! Btw, I was wondering. Is it possible for you to make it so that your player has feet when you look down? and that his feet can move?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

At first I though "hmm, that's not easy, but possible"
Nope.
Every model you see on the screen (the weapon and its sights, the hands, etc.) moves around together with your point of view. I could make so that when shooting and sprinting some models would stay still, but how should I get around the camera?
Simple scripts for weapon model animations just do not have the functions required to do this kind of stuff.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hmmm. That does seem hard. Ugh that is sooo frustrating.
undeadkyle55
Deuce

When I download the DMR it's a default rifle with a clip. Any help? I put all the files where they are supposed to go.

EDIT: And the third person view is a green DMR. Any help? I really like it :)
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hey, Chameleon, I wanna know if you want to do the crossbow thing with my model? So you can take my model (with credits to me) and animate the heck out of it :D
142 posts Page 4 of 10 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”