OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 3 of 45 First unread post
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Btw, Ghost@Sw is going to release his first openSpades mod pack soon ( probably today ) Green_Happy1
learn_more
Coder
Coder

jdrew wrote:
The client is all about openGL. It can't run without it as it uses shaders,lighting, and other textures and stuff all from openGL. That is also why the client looks so good, the AoS client uses directX. That is why it can run on slower/older computers. OpenGL on the other hand is more modern and requires a better computer but ti gives you better graphics. If you want something else you would need to make a directX client that looks like this but since the game already uses directX that would be kinda pointless.
please educate yourself on a subject before blabbing about it making yourself look even more like an idiot.
Gingerninjaperson
League Participant
League Participant

Is there/will there ever be an option to use custom scopes? Sorry for my noob-ness, I don't know a lot about this stuff. Thanks!
Also, I get this error when running it, I think others have too, I haven't had time to read the rest of the forums, apologize for not doing so to see if there is a fix, as I have to go. :/
http://goo.gl/wNfDg1
Jidess
League Participant
League Participant

Hi. When i try to connect to a server a windows appear and quickly disappear and the openspades startup close

How do i fix it ? Blue_NotHappy
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Gingerninjaperson wrote:
Is there/will there ever be an option to use custom scopes? Sorry for my noob-ness, I don't know a lot about this stuff. Thanks!
Also, I get this error when running it, I think others have too, I haven't had time to read the rest of the forums, apologize for not doing so to see if there is a fix, as I have to go. :/
http://goo.gl/wNfDg1
0.75 version only, did you have 0.76 installed or paste in a 0.76 url?
Gingerninjaperson
League Participant
League Participant

Never mind, got it to work.
This is amazing. Harder to play, especially when trying to aim while strafing, but it's so much more fun.
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

tungdil wrote:
jdrew wrote:
Do PNG scopes work too then?
Thats the worst, it doesnt use png scope :(.

Does someone knows where i can find this target png ?
I the Base.pak file: Sight.png.tga
Last edited by Daniel_Laixer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

Won't work for me.
I am not a pc pro but,could anyone help me?
My pc specs are :
Processor: IntelCore 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 3,00 GB
Systemtype: 32 bit

If needed:
My pc is a "Acer Aspire 7730G"
Question:
Do I HAVE to need OpenGL,if I don't have it,could I get it somwhere(I didn't find it yet in google.)
It'd be good if you can help me.

~CaptainKiwi
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Yet another reason for me not to do my HaSnip. But god damn, F#? Haskell is a better language in the same vein, and better implemented. OK, F# was github's fuckup I think because it doesn't use mono. C++, Eh, I still rather use Haskell or Rust, but I admit its a sane choice.
learn_more wrote:
how do they call this cross platform if they use autoreconf crap.
HAHA.
Last edited by Sonarpulse on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

OpenGL is something your videocard has to support kiwi. I found out that to make a sight you have to do it as a kv6 like in AoS steam and the gun determinds the scope so if you have a 2-pixle scope you will have a 2-pixle gun as well.
Gingerninjaperson
League Participant
League Participant

Is there any way to switch weapons without having to exit the game and then log back in?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

press L
Gingerninjaperson
League Participant
League Participant

Oh ok. Thanks!
colorpinpoint
League Champs
League Champs

Video Card: ATI X300
OpenGL Version: 2.1
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Finally, the first skins (and a reddot sight by me) are available, made by the awesome Gh0st@Sw: Green_BigSmile

http://swstormwind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=681

And a tutorial video by Fawad@Sw:
665 posts Page 3 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”