Oh hey, Jagex's reaction to BnS

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 5 of 7 First unread post
corn99
Deuce

Or you can say "Jagex thinks build and shoot is a hate site but i think its not. go check out build and shoot .com and express your opinion."
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Since Sniped hasn't responded, here's my conversation with him over PM: http://pastebin.com/uFgtwcPm
Cajun Style
Deuced Up

Jagex' policy on this site is a real bummer. Just out of sympathy I'm posting here.
There is a way of "semi-linking" in your signature. If I make the following line my signature:
"My sig was removed too :U" tallyyyyyy
The first (and only) Google result will be this page. Of course, you might need to make the quote more Google-worthy.
For now this seems the place that will protect the legacy of the true form of Ace of Spades.
I'm here to kick ass and build block fortresses... and I'm all out of building blocks.
>_> Hey, someone should quote me.
corn99
Deuce

rakiru wrote:
Since Sniped hasn't responded, here's my conversation with him over PM: http://pastebin.com/uFgtwcPm
"Buildandshoot is not a appropriate site" ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND sniped? BnS is a apprppriate fan site. Just because part of the community wants to choose BnS over the official forums that dose not make it not appropriate site. This just shows Sniped's greed for power. He wants to take control of every one that plays the game so to him these sotes are just a pain. Sniped, please go drink a cup pf tea and stop beimg so greedy by wanting to rule every single membe of the community.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

If you think about it, youtube isn't exactly an appropriate site.

It has TONS of anti-jagex sentiment not removed by admins.
It has TONS of Ace of Spades hacking.
And it doesn't support the release version of AoS!

This is an outrage! I demand all linking to youtube on the Ace forums banned!
CooLDoG
Deuced Up

HoboHob wrote:
If you think about it, youtube isn't exactly an appropriate site.

It has TONS of anti-jagex sentiment not removed by admins.
It has TONS of Ace of Spades hacking.
And it doesn't support the release version of AoS!

This is an outrage! I demand all linking to youtube on the Ace forums banned!
JaGex has an official youtube channel though :?

Can we just say that JaGex doesn't like people who played the original version of AoS and leave it at that? The new master server will take the place of the old one. Snowball is getting aggressively devolved so we can have our own customizable version of the game that we can build on (and shoot on... that sound really bad) to include new features.

At a certain point we just have to say, "fuck it." and get over it.
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I think jagex just doesn't like people who whine constantly and act like they're being oppressed, when their favorite video game is changing. I played ace of spades a long time ago too, it doesn't mean that I have to act like a baby about everything that I don't like. I don't know if I like the new ace of spades version or not, I haven't played it yet
abellus
Deuce

Okay so I was just banned from the official forums. It seems you can't even vaguely mention this site anymore.

Heil Jagex.
SAEIBS Scott
Deuce

abellus wrote:
Okay so I was just banned from the official forums. It seems you can't even vaguely mention this site anymore.

Heil Jagex.
Me too.
I got an email from them explaining the ban
"Dear player

You have received a permanent forum ban for disrupting the Ace of Spades community.

Disrupting the Ace of Spades community by consistently posting destructive comments is something that we cannot allow to happen.

Yours sincerely

Ace of Spades Community Management"

So apparently mentioning Build and Shoot is destructive.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Got that as well. Even though I haven't logged in or posted for weeks lol
abellus
Deuce

StackOverflow wrote:
Got that as well. Even though I haven't logged in or posted for weeks lol
I just can't believe how unprofessional Jagex acts when confronted with actual criticism. They're like a child- they don't want to hear anyone else talk but themselves.

I mean, c'mon, what's up with them trying to force their own rules on this website when clearly they do not have any amount of jurisdiction here? What company does that? It just seems so childish, like little Timmy didn't get to play with his toys and now he's going to go pick on his little brother because he wants some toys to play with.

It's also ridiculous how they now seem to be specifically targeting members of BnS. Why? What will that accomplish?? What is going through these peoples' minds???

I just don't understand Jagex. Truly I don't.
Reki
Deuced Up

I made the following post on their forums:
Basically, I've been watching from the sidelines all this new development.
Ultimately, I feel like AoS 1.0 is not going to be a game that I will grow to like.
I started playing AoS, the "prototype", a couple of years ago with my friends.
Laughing, talking, occasionally shooting each other....that's what made the game fun.
Despite the poor graphic quality, I found it a truly enjoyable game.

And now what's happening...there's so many things introduced in the upcoming version.
New weapons, classes, a far superior graphics requirement.
Depressingly, I don't have the money to buy a new computer to play this game.

So I guess I'll be sticking around the community, and see how things ride out.
However, I don't think I'm going to be able to have fun like before.
OpenGL keeps crashing my computer, and I haven't gotten anything to work.
Obviously, I won't quit this community...I'll stick around the prototype fansite and see where that goes.
Thank you, Ben and all, for making a great game. It was fun while it lasted.
They haven't noticed anything yet, I think.
Ryu
League Participant
League Participant

I shall get banned on the "Official Fourms".After reading all this,I am definatley gonna use this now>Image
corn99
Deuce

Well i guess keeping a low profile helps. I'm not banned yet. If you guys have any opinions or want to post any thing on the "official" forums then I'll do it for you if you like. PM me if you want to.

:D
Ryu
League Participant
League Participant

103 posts Page 5 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”