Oh hey, Jagex's reaction to BnS

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 4 of 7 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

CooLDOG wrote:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Wildern ... Trade_Vote
The first step was a petition, opened for votes on 21 December 2010. It was set up so that players who want the updates to be reverted had to provide their account name and place a "Yes" vote. There was no "No" option to vote against reverting the updates, though Jagex stated that players can oppose by simply not voting.
How I am not surprised they tried to rig the voting mechanics to favor the outcome they wanted
Snow
Deuce

danhezee wrote:
@snow we are not a anti-jagex site.
Well I meant more like - anti-Jagex sentiment may exist on fansites (a thread or 2 being posted in their forums or odd comments), but the intention of the sites themselves are not to be anti-Jagex in any way, just simply be a fansite of an awesome game.
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

this is from the Runescape wiki as well under Jagex.
Ace of Spades is a sandbox-style first-person shooter originally developed by former developers of Minecraft. The original developers decided to leave, and Jagex took over the remainder of the development. Its goal is to go against the cliches of most first-person shooters and create a unique experience.
there's so much wrong with this i'll let someone else tear it apart...
Snow
Deuce

Ace of Spades is a sandbox-style first-person shooter originally developed by former developers of Minecraft. The original developers decided to leave, and Jagex took over the remainder of the development. Its goal is to go against the cliches of most first-person shooters and create a unique experience.
HeinzVonHans
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

CraftDinur wrote:
goal is to go against the cliches
adds cliche mechanics anyway
CooLDoG
Deuced Up

CraftDinur wrote:
this may be the official "blurb" from Jagex.
Froelich131
Deuce

I just had my sig removed on the Jagex forums. Because the 10 posts I had will totally affect people going over to this wonderful website.
tallyyyyyy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

My sig was removed too :U
Galaxy
Deuce

Can someone clear a few things up for me, because I'm pretty peeved about this whole situation. Did Jagex, or whichever company owns Jagex, forcefully takeover (however that may occur) Ace of Spades, or did Ben Aksoy himself give/sell them the game?

Ever since I had heard about the whole situation with Jagex, I've been under the impression that this was all Ben's fault (for selling/giving the rights to the game away). I just want to know if it was actually a forced takeover or not.
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Well, it's pretty much impossible to forcily take someone's intellectual property. But yes, Ben did sell Jagex the rights to the game.
Galaxy
Deuce

Ah, as I thought. Well, thank you, Ben.
Lemon
League Participant
League Participant

Well, I have had my signature taken down. And after a brief, honorable, discussion, they deemed BnS to be "Anti-Jagex" and "Supports Illegal Activities". That's too bad. Any ideas on how else to advertise?
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Advertise anyways through subliminal messages, shameless plugs, and other things. Of course, dont make it obvious. Like the main purpose of the game is to buildandshoot, if you dont buildandshoot, you aren't doing it right.
Gunslinger
Deuced Up

Lemon wrote:
Well, I have had my signature taken down. And after a brief, honorable, discussion, they deemed BnS to be "Anti-Jagex" and "Supports Illegal Activities". That's too bad. Any ideas on how else to advertise?
You could copy+paste your signature into all of your posts.
CooLDoG
Deuced Up

Lemon wrote:
Or you could do something cheeky like:
I love ace of spades because it let's me build and shoot. I also like websites too.
103 posts Page 4 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”