Oh hey, Jagex's reaction to BnS

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 7 of 7 First unread post
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

Have I lost something? Why are they calling BnS a "FAN"site? I think everybody who is registered to BnS is this because he doesn't like Jagex or what they are doing.
Mehrunes
Deuced Up

It's somewhat true, Build and Shoot is supporting the 1.0 release of Ace of Spades.
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Because we are a site dedicated to AoS, albeit more so to the older versions than 1.0+. Everyone is here because they enjoy AoS, and are therefor fans, making it a fansite for Ace of Spades.
Dzhoel
Deuced Up

Sniped wrote:
We have removed the link to buildandshoot in your signature as it is against our forum rules. We are passionate about supporting communities that are good for the official community but despite numerous attempts to bring buildandshoot on side, they have fallen short of the mark we expect. In particular, we are concerned at the discussion about hacking Ace of Spades and the posting of anti-Jagex sentiment which we believe is dissuading others from joining the official community.

We are really keen to bring buildandshoot on side as they have the potential to be an excellent community. We would ask you to help achieve this by encouraging the website users to meet our key rules for fansites.

·******** Advertising of the fansite on the official forums can only be through a signature
·******** Each fansite primary focus should be the release version of Ace of Spades
·******** Fansites should not dissuade its community from taking part in other Ace of Spades communities or actively drive traffic away from the official site
·******** Each fansite's primary focus should be on supporting the overall community
·******** Fansites should not encourage illegal activity

Yours sincerely,

Ace of Spades
My problem is how it says
"We have removed the link to buildandshoot in your signature as it is against our forum rules"
Yet changes its mind by stating
"Advertising of the fansite on the official forums can only be through a signature"

I actually got a permaban from the official forums becuase i refused to stop advertising b&s, but their forums was shit anyway.
Dzhoel
Deuced Up

Froelich131 wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/eGmkd.png Original image
Holy crap, i was the reason why he locked that thread Green_Happy3
I flamed the crap outta sniped and critizising everything he was doing and how he was doing a shitty job running the community.
Me and another guy cornered him in argument when he pulled the plug :3
http://www.aceofspades.com/forums/showt ... g-the-game
Page 9 is when the fun starts, when Dzhoel (me) starts arguing with Sniped, some of those are my last posts i made on those forums, in which he states that .75 was a crappy game and democracy doesn't work. no. seriously! look for yourself!
Turner
Deuced Up

Dzhoel wrote:
Froelich131 wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/eGmkd.png Original image
Holy crap, i was the reason why he locked that thread Green_Happy3
I flamed the crap outta sniped and critizising everything he was doing and how he was doing a shitty job running the community.
Me and another guy cornered him in argument when he pulled the plug :3
http://www.aceofspades.com/forums/showt ... g-the-game
Page 9 is when the fun starts, when Dzhoel (me) starts arguing with Sniped, some of those are my last posts i made on those forums, in which he states that .75 was a crappy game and democracy doesn't work. no. seriously! look for yourself!
Man you just made my day. I just read ask of it and that proves the fact that they don't give a rats ass about the game.
Trogue12
Deuce

It seems jagex got a bit pissed off at me to.i made a rage thread with all the reasons why i hate the new aos and then put build and shoot as my sig and location.
later.... Im now banned for offensive posts. I dont know wich bit they found offencive it was either me hating on there game or my posts at some jagex fanboys about whos pc is better...
All i know is as soon as im unbanned im going to start another thread.
CooLDoG
Deuced Up

the game will probably crash and burn. No point get your panties in a wad over it.
Trogue12
Deuce

I hope it fails. I mean no private servers wtf?whats the community do then? Just make post at how jagex is so awsome?there isnt a community if we cant have our own servers.also why isnt babel a gamemode?it says TONS OF GAMEMODES hmm i counted like 4 or 5.
InfraRedAnus
Deuced Up

I think that the moderators of BnS and the moderators (mods also include admins... basily all the high ranking users) of the AoS forums should play a match of classic Ace of Spades CTF, just for the fun, and to resolve the matter of BnS not really being connected to AoS steam version.
Code.Denial
Deuce

I cant play the new version and yes i have bought it and everything the problem is i can connect to any servers they if they cant
maintain servers then somthing is VERY wrong here Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh

Edit by danhezee
This isnt relevant to the discussion, please find a more apporiate thread or start a new one in the AoS Steam section of the forums.
Bigcheecho

lods wrote:
Hi everyone, to celebrate the new year we wanted to kick off with a brand new forum based Q&A session

Please post your questions in this thread, and make sure you clearly format your questions using the following example:-

1. Question
2. Question

The deadline to get your questions into us is 11am GMT Monday 7th January 2013

We will then take some time to collate all of the submitted questions, and get answers for them, which we will be post below.

Looking forward to reviewing all your questions.

The Ace of Spades Community Team

Please be aware: THIS IS NOT A LIVE Q&A SESSION
There's a Q&A here where you can ask about the WW1-WW2 update that is meant to put classic mode in AoS steam, if you are somehow still not banned from the forums.
Bully
Deuce

Let's send reverse e-mail to Fagex.
Dear Buildandshoot,

It is great to see that you have started a community around Ace of Spades. We want to support every community we can that surrounds Ace of Spades and over the coming months we will be formalising a fansite program which should benefit these communities greatly.

As you are one of the first communities to develop and a relationship is starting to form now, we wanted to make initial contact to ensure that when the fansite program launches we have as strong a relationship as possible. With this in mind we believe it worthwhile setting out some key rules that we would like all fansites to follow:
· Advertising of the fansite on the official forums can only be through a signature
· Each fansite primary focus should be the release version of Ace of Spades
· Fansites should not dissuade its community from taking part in other Ace of Spades communities or actively drive traffic away from the official site
· Each fansite's primary focus should be on supporting the overall community
· Fansites should not encourage illegal activity

Looking at your community, you are very close to meeting all our requirements. We would like to see a more developed section for the release version of Ace of Spades. The posting of anti-Jagex sentiment on the official forums and encouraging it on your forums is something that we believe is dissuading others from joining our community and is something we would like you to address as a community. Although we love to hear feedback but it is needs to be posted in a constructive way.
Once we have stopped support for the prototype of Ace of Spades we may need to revisit the site again and look at the situation, however that is something we can talk about closer to the time.

Hopefully these small things should be easy to change and we can look forward to a long a fruitful future together.

Yours sincerely,
Ace of Spades Community Management
That will be fun if someone will send e-mail like this but to Jagex and with our rules xd
103 posts Page 7 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”