Server List Update

Our latest need-to-know information.
24 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Just a quick update regarding a serverlist upgrade. It has been restored on the portal page as well as given a dedicated serverlist page. A few bugs have been ironed out as well.

At the time of writing this, the primary serverlist located at http://www.aceofspades.com/server-list/ is down, hopefully this will prove to be a viable solution for the time being.

You can sort, search, and navigate through the servers. The GeoIP data is more accurate than what the primary serverlist provides, due to them using an outdated GeoIP database.

You can access the serverlist via the portal or on the new dedicated serverlist page below.

Serverlist Page: http://www.buildandshoot.com/serverlist_page.php

Suggestions are welcome, but keep in mind, this serverlist design will likely change as I'll be writing a new one from scratch.
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

I actually like the serverlist you created but I don't like that you created pages. It would be much easier to browse if all the servers would be on one list. And maybe you could darken the text, just a little bit. :)
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

So you don't like the pagination? (the navigation pages)
rakiru
Coder
Coder

I don't, but then there is the option to choose how many entries you want per page, so that's nice. It'd be even better if we had an "all" option, considering it would appear that all the servers are loaded anyway and the pagination done afterwords with javascript.
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Alright, added an option to show all servers.
JohnRambozo
Deuce

EssigGurkenFred wrote:
I actually like the serverlist you created but I don't like that you created pages. It would be much easier to browse if all the servers would be on one list. And maybe you could darken the text, just a little bit. :)
In the upper left, there is a drop down for 10 - 100 entries per page. There is still 2 pages with 100 entries per page but it helps. And I doubt that after sorting the list by location you would find more than 100 servers that you want to join.

I do have to agree about the text, at least on the darker background, it takes some concentration to read.

All in all, a great success.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

JohnRambozo wrote:
EssigGurkenFred wrote:
In the upper left, there is a drop down for 10 - 100 entries per page. There is still 2 pages with 100 entries per page but it helps. And I doubt that after sorting the list by location you would find more than 100 servers that you want to join.

I do have to agree about the text, at least on the darker background, it takes some concentration to read.

All in all, a great success.
There's an "All" option now, as stated above.
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

I like this server list :) And the pagination is good;
But, there is a little problem. The flag or location seems to be broken, there is something wrong
The Animus server are located in Italy, and on the list they are on Sweden.
Spoiler:
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Silnius wrote:
But, there is a little problem. The flag or location seems to be broken, there is something wrong
Spoiler:
Hmm. Quite a lot of trackers are pointing towards Sweden. The outdated GeoIP database pointed to Italy, but that's about ~6 months old at least.

Also, updated the serverlist page, no pagination on dedicated page. Default sorting is based on active player count.
Carnage
Deuce

Lovin' the new navigational tool to get there. A lot more convenient.
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

StackOverflow wrote:
Silnius wrote:
Spoiler:
Hmm. Quite a lot of trackers are pointing towards Sweden. The outdated GeoIP database pointed to Italy, but that's about ~6 months old at least.

Also, updated the serverlist page, no pagination on dedicated page. Default sorting is based on active player count.
Thanks. It is better now. :)
Reki
Deuced Up

The search function is awesome IMO, much better than Ctrl+F and smashing Enter a thousand times.

What's the deal with having "Play Now >> Serverlist" as well as "Serverlist" listed at the top?
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

Reki wrote:
The search function is awesome IMO, much better than Ctrl+F and smashing Enter a thousand times.

What's the deal with having "Play Now >> Serverlist" as well as "Serverlist" listed at the top?
Yes. I have forgot to mention that. The search function is great! :)
hindos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Now we just need a auto-connect feature so I don't have to click and connect 100 times waiting until a spot opens up ;)
rakiru
Coder
Coder

hindos wrote:
Now we just need a auto-connect feature so I don't have to click and connect 100 times waiting until a spot opens up ;)
I'm sure that's something that could be added to Spadille.
24 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Official News”