How To Make A Server by Gen.Awesome

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Gen.Awesome
Deuced Up

Most of you are probably wondering why the server.exe file says "Could not Retrieve your Ip Address",
That is most likely because this is a different master server. So here are the steps to making your own server.

Step 1:Port forward. You can easily port forward by searching it on google. But here is a website.
Link: http://portforward.com/
If your router is not listed. Just look for something like Applications, or Virtual Server, Applications and Gaming or something like that.
You must port forward the port 32887.

Step 2: Get PySpades(PySnip) easily found on the forums. To name the server and for different options. Go to the config file, I recommend using Notepad++(Link: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

Step 3: Open the run.bat file located in the folder.If it fails, try checking your firewall and add the application to trusted. If that doesn't work. Please Pm me.

Step 4: Enjoy! Note: For you to connect to the server, you have to connect via Local Host. Other wise people out side of you network can connec
Last edited by Gen.Awesome on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bux Xray
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

what will we do at Notepad.com?
umm,can you post an another link of Port forwarding site cause I cannt find mine
my router is DD-WRT
pls.!
awesomeness2000
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

it doesnt work
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Bux Xray wrote:
what will we do at Notepad.com?
umm,can you post an another link of Port forwarding site cause I cannt find mine
my router is DD-WRT
pls.!
1. Download notepad++, it can edit .py files types (scripts). It also makes the config make sense.
2. First you find the router company, then you select the model of that router, the router is probably a Linksys WRT54G(L/S). So go into Linksys then find the WRT54G(L/S), and DD-WRT is firmware, not the actual router, find the company the router is made by, and the model.
awesomeness2000 wrote:
it doesnt work
You are never, EVER going to get help if you're that vague.
Somnium
League Participant
League Participant

How much power does it take to run a server? by power I mean like... er I don't know exactly what to call it. Is there any recommendations or requirements to run a server. Such as Ram amount, What type of processor, Hard-drive, memory or Graphics cards, Sound card. Things of that nature?
Sphax18
Deuce

Well It Don't require a very fast computer but a fast processor that can process the server data fastly so your server don't lag too much it also Depends Upon a powerful internet connection (100 mbs - 150 mbs) that can send the processed data to the site or server we can say
Well Minimum Requirements

Graphics 1gb is enough a lower than this like 512 mb will be fine but not so good
Processor Mine is core i5 4th generation and it runs super great Green_Happy3
ram mine is 6 gb and its enough
my internet connection is 100mbs
If Your Computer don't meet these requirements you will be able to make a server but it will be laggy and slow loading/b]

Thats All I Can Say Green_Happy1 Green_BigSmile Green_Happy3 Green_Sunglasses1 Green_tongue Green_Wink1 Green_D'oh Green_normal Green_Sleeping Green_Surprised2 Green_Nothappy Green_Crying Green_Septic Green_Spade Green_Rifle Green_Pistol2
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Sphax18 wrote:
Well It Don't require a very fast computer but a fast processor that can process the server data fastly so your server don't lag too much it also Depends Upon a powerful internet connection (100 mbs - 150 mbs) that can send the processed data to the site or server we can say
Well Minimum Requirements

Graphics 1gb is enough a lower than this like 512 mb will be fine but not so good
Processor Mine is core i5 4th generation and it runs super great Green_Happy3
ram mine is 6 gb and its enough
my internet connection is 100mbs
If Your Computer don't meet these requirements you will be able to make a server but it will be laggy and slow loading/b]

Thats All I Can Say Green_Happy1 Green_BigSmile Green_Happy3 Green_Sunglasses1 Green_tongue Green_Wink1 Green_D'oh Green_normal Green_Sleeping Green_Surprised2 Green_Nothappy Green_Crying Green_Septic Green_Spade Green_Rifle Green_Pistol2

dat necro.

You don't really need specs like that, a vps which is running linux with 512 MB Ram and a single-core 1 GHz processor are enough for a server (even two). A fast connection and more than 500 GB bandwidth should be enough too (For one server atleast) .
IneXorabLe
Deuce

Hi!
How to change the map, and the platforms? In-Game
mananaja

Graphics 1gb is enough a lower than this like 512 mb will be fine but not so good.
บ้านผลบอล
9 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Servers”